Turning up the volume

David & Ann

I have a radio and single CD player. When I play the CD player, it works fine, but the moment I turn up the volume, it cuts out and goes back to radio. Any advice would be appreciated. :confused:

get a new one

may be not the answer you needed to hear

but its a sign of the times its probably not worth the cost of repairing

Is it a pop off front.
Had a little problem with mine a small bit of plastic broke off the back of front and when i pressed any of the buttons wierd things and one of them was it would turn off, the connections where moving and they lost the contact hence no power.
All i did was wedge the front in by pushing a small piece of card in when put the front on and it works.:)
When you put the front in turn it on do not press any buttons then move the front about and see if anything happens.
If it does strange things the contacts are moving.
Hope you have a pop off front or my post is a waste of time.;)

Last edited:
Is it a pop off front.
Had a little problem with mine a small bit of plastic broke off the back of front and when i pressed any of the buttons wierd things and one of them was it would turn off, the connections where moving and they lost the contact hence no power.
All i did was wedge the front in by pushing a small piece of card in when put the front on and it works.:)
When you put the front in turn it on do not press any buttons then move the front about and see if anything happens.
If it does strange things the contacts are moving.
Hope you have a pop off front or my post is a waste of time.;)

No,Trev, your post would'nt be a waste of time if her CD was'nt a pop off front cos others reading this may have had similar problems.:rolleyes:
It just shows what a friendly,helpfull bunch of guys we have on here who are always willing to offer advice.
BTW mine front popped off, I stood on it, so it's back to the compact cassette radio player:(:mad::D

No,Trev, your post would'nt be a waste of time if her CD was'nt a pop off front cos others reading this may have had
similar problems.
:)
I suppose you are right Lenny
It just shows what a friendly,helpfull bunch of guys we have on here who are always willing to offer advice.
Awe your so kind Lenny:):D
BTW mine front popped off, I stood on it, so it's back to the compact cassette radio player
Sorry to hear that Lenny, accidents will happen Mate.:(

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back