Truck parking

GARY ENGLISH

Bit of topic ,but this morning when going to work .There were several continental truckers,who had given up and parked half on road and half on path,and slept there the night .This was the main road through the estate quite busy in mornings. Just high lights how hard it is to park.

GARY ENGLISH said:
Bit of topic ,but this morning when going to work .There were several continental truckers,who had given up and parked half on road and half on path,and slept there the night .This was the main road through the estate quite busy in mornings. Just high lights how hard it is to park.
Fairly normal for foreign trucks to do this mate. They seem to be a law unto themselves. Try it in a motorhome and you will soon get done by plod.

***** said:
As a truck driver I know how difficult it is to find a descent overnight parking place for a 18 mtr rig plus maneuvering room.
I know that joe foreigner will park anywhere & they also do it in their own countries.
I have not (thankfully) had nights out with a truck in the U K for many years, and I would not want to as most of the little cafe's have long gone.
M way services charge punitive rates and r too noisy.
Lay by's are unsafe as curtains get cut open & loads get pilfered
Where R the drivers to park.
I don't know!:eek:

Agree with you entirely mate. As one of the old school who can still actually rope and sheet unless you are prepared to pay the extortionate prices they charge at motorway service areas without any security or even the the much aclaimed BP Truckstops that that charge almost as much but with security there is no alternative but to park in a layby or an industrial estate and take pot luck.

billy1000 said:
Agree with you entirely mate. As one of the old school who can still actually rope and sheet unless you are prepared to pay the extortionate prices they charge at motorway service areas without any security or even the the much aclaimed BP Truckstops that that charge almost as much but with security there is no alternative but to park in a layby or an industrial estate and take pot luck.

Father-in-law used to drive for Lloyds of Ludlow and it used to fascinate me when he would sheet the load and then proceed to tie a sort of sliding knot that wouldn't lose its grip!

Little things, I know, I know...;)

they also used to be called "the truckers hitch " great knot for trailers etc...

steve4kay said:
they also used to be called "the truckers hitch " great knot for trailers etc...

Thats what the Father-in-law calls them!

Those were the days *****. Thank God they are behind us?????

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back