traveling expeirences /info

monkeynut

Hi all I would be intrested to here any expierences while traveling alone in France and Spain
I intend to spend alittle more time in France this time rather than just dashing through to get to Spain..so any info on good Aires or sites close and along the border would be great :blink:
Do the french dip fuel tanks on Diesels ?

sorry mate. I don't have any info i can pass on. I have spent a little time in France and used aires but not enough to really pass info on and more north than south.
as to dipping tanks- never seen them but that doesn't mean they don't. they are ptretty sharp over there..

Hi, We travelled down to Spain & Andorra last year using aires at Brezolles. 13 mls east of Dreux, stopped at Mery-sur- Cher 3 mls east of Verzion,( on the way back) Then Oradour-sur-Glane 14 mls NE of Limoges.

Brezolles was very quiet, situated at the end of the village.

Mery-sur-Cher was a new site with toilet, popular because it is only a couple of miles from the A20 a freebie motorway running 170 miles due south.
Park at the back, otherwise the eary morning traffic is a bit noisy.

Oradour-sur-Glane is very busy, the martyr village is a big attraction, the aire is situated right at the back of the village.

Hope these are of use to you....... Greg

French parking

Hi monkeynut. We have usually stopped on Aires while travelling through France on the way to and from Spain. But we also have a special stop just before the border at a Market garden parking area next to the Le Clerc Supermarket before Le Belou on the N9 south of Perpignan. We have also spent 3 1/2 weeks in the rough Truck park next to the river on the way through Millau also on the N9. Close to shops, markets, bars and eating places.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back