Travel Spain info

Oh Ken! Don't send any more!

3 years ago the maroc tourist board reckoned 40,000 m,homes hit maroc between nov and april.
just about all had to travel through spain . a few would sail there from france .
even then spain was full of campers all winter .
possible more than 40,000 m,.homes were still in spain .
so see if you can find a quiet place.
inland is quiet but in winter can be rainy and very deep in snow .
the choice is yours .
i,m told the algarve is the best place to be . might be .

The Algarve was chocker block full of motorhomes last winter,heaving with them! Mostly Frog vans too scared to go to their usual haunts in Morocco.

And there'll be more next winter! We think that they are given a free Mh instead of a gold watch,when they reach retirement age

The Algarve was chocker block full of motorhomes last winter,heaving with them! Mostly Frog vans too scared to go to their usual haunts in Morocco.

And there'll be more next winter! We think that they are given a free Mh instead of a gold watch,when they reach retirement age

I know blinking tried to park up on some land I have there but me mate soon F them off:wave:

You better tell him you like warm water in the pool not cold:lol-049::lol-049::wave:

when we get up near albox its always cold . usually can see the snow getting closer by the day.
even worse over at cantoria . every morning a hill in the distance is covered white .
. the other year my mate gordon lost a fair bit of his land into what was a stream . it became a river and washed loads away.
but never mind , when you going then ken ?was hoping to see ypou as we missed you last winter.
we didnt get to visit anyone much . it looked too cold inland and you didnt answer . you didnt want to warm the pool i know. hee hee regards to family .

I'm getting the distinct impression that we are not being offered the extended hand of a warm welcome to Spain this winter judging by this thread. Perhaps I'm just being a touch paranoid:sad:

We are looking at a house in Almeria on our way back from Portugal in September bit warmer there in the winter if we get it I let you have the address so you and Bob can stop they got a bit of land with it.:wave:

I lived in Andalucia for 10 years and motorhome here too, so I know it quite well. We drive back to the UK at least once a year in the MH, usually for Christmas.

There are fewer camping sites here than in France and the quality generally is not as good, although there are some exceptions. Wild parking isn't really a problem except at some resorts where camping on the beach is strictly prohibited. Go along the coast a short way though and you will find somewhere to park for free. There is a free camper park in my nearest town Huercal Overa also a water emptying point, it will be a long time before they catch up with France though!

For free water look for the sign 'Fuente', on occasions the amount you can take is restricted, so don't upset the locals by overdoing it! If it says Non Potable, it will not be fit for drinking.

Colin

Thanks for the advice.

Hi,

I know the following has been posted elsewhere but it looks like a good resource, lots of pictures, POI information and links to POI on Google Maps. You may need to use Google page translate if you want to get the gist of the comments.

Mapa de lugares furgoperfectos - Wild & not wild camping spots (Spain - Europe) - furgovw.org

Happy camping,

Jenrai
That's a great resource. But having lived in Spain I wouldn't be worried about rocking up somewhere for an overnighter, somewhere sensible that's not going to upset anyone, that is.

Will be keeping an eye on this forum as I'm hoping to do the snowbirds thing next winter, just depends where. I like to be away from the crowds. I don't do sunbathing these days, preferring to walk, sight see or laze around with a book and a beer. Any suggestions of the perfect destination for me?

:drive:Just Follow ME Carol!!!:wave::raofl::rolleyes2::cheers::sleep-027:

If you have only 2 weeks I would stay in the north near the coast to get down to south of Spain and try and do Portugal as well all you will be doing is driving it wont give you much time to relax and enjoy your trip also you might like to think of France for your 2 weeks :wave:

If you're time limited and want to see the Algarve... Don't enter Portugal too high up....better to stay on the A66 in Spain towards Sevilla and head off for Huelva and directly into Algarve....:cool:

Thieves busted in spain

[

Thieves busted
November 5, 2015
A gang of thieves were arrested this week and convicted of motorway thefts from caravaners and motorhome tourists.
A total of 450 thefts have been attributed to the gang, mostly performed on the AP-7 but also including stints in Cataluña, Madrid, Aragón, the Basque Country and Castilla y León.
The way they would operate was to wait at petrol stations until elderly people who looked like tourists would stop to rest or refuel their vehicle, and once the car was stopped and the occupants were out, the thieves would puncture one of the back tires. then follow until the vehicle stopped, they would then offer to help change the wheel, but as the tourist was distracted thieve accomplices would take whatever they could find in the car, the thieves apartment contained everything from laptops to handbags ,passports, and cash,
Fortunately some of the targeted cars were fitted with dashboard cameras and this enabled the police to identify and prove the case, ..
So there you go after many years they have them, :wacko: so fit your vehicle with a camera, you never know!!!!!

Hi carol,

I must say hoping to "do the snowbirds next year" has me a bit worried.come on down you will love it and just do your own thing. We love it around Lake Caspe near Lleida it has a camp site but I have seen people camping around the lake as it's very large but it's better to be in that area September ish as it cools down towards the end of October.
There are still so many places to explore out here and in France and other country's as well but time is getting shorter for us as we don't know how long we have driving and getting Insurance cover,:dance:

Regards Snowbirds.

Will be keeping an eye on this forum as I'm hoping to do the snowbirds thing next winter, just depends where. Some of the pictures of hundreds of motorhomes parked up in Spain do not appeal to me at all. I like to be away from the crowds. I don't do sunbathing these days, preferring to walk, sight see or laze around with a book and a beer. Any suggestions of the perfect destination for me?

Info on Spain and portugal

Hi we did Spain and Portugal last Feb and off again on Dec 22nd. If anyone wants a quick read of where we went with details of Aires etc. Have a look at MaryLou2015 | Off Exploring.

Any questions please feel free to ask

Happy travelling guys and girls xx

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back