Travel Insurance for persons not the motorhome

GMJ

As we are planning on resuming touring the Continent from January, I need to organise some travel health insurance.

Could I ask where any of you folks have got yours from if you have toured abroad this year?

I need 60 days per trip multi-trip cover.

Thanks

Have a look at the Nationwide FlexPlus account. It costs £13 per month but you get interest on what you have in it and it includes travel insurance, plus breakdown cover and several other things. I can't remember if 60 days is standard or if you pay a supplement for that.

There's also a Co-op account but I don't remember if it does 60 days. I know you can't do a top up for that one though.

I’ve just returned from a long trip, and then received my renewal from Staysure - and realised it only covered 50 days and not Spain - we were away there and longer. Oops.

I’ve just asked the question on MHO and been suggested I try LV.

So I filled in my details last night and they cover all the ailments and have a multi trip insurance that covers up to 90 days. The price was reasonable.

Have a look at the Nationwide FlexPlus account. It costs £13 per month but you get interest on what you have in it and it includes travel insurance, plus breakdown cover and several other things. I can't remember if 60 days is standard or if you pay a supplement for that.

There's also a Co-op account but I don't remember if it does 60 days. I know you can't do a top up for that one though.

Small print says 31d trip length. Any idea of the cost to 60d uplift?

We always used the free nationwide cover and uplifted that (and added hazardous stuff, world wide, 60d and sometimes winter) - the flexplus one includes worldwide and winter...

Don't need breakdown cover else it'd be a bargain, but may consider it anyway as they were good on a previous payout (wife + snowboard...)

As we are planning on resuming touring the Continent from January, I need to organise some travel health insurance.

Could I ask where any of you folks have got yours from if you have toured abroad this year?

I need 60 days per trip multi-trip cover.

Thanks
Coop bank

Small print says 31d trip length. Any idea of the cost to 60d uplift?
Sorry, I’m not sure because we also paid extra for pre-existing conditions so I’m not sure how much each component was.
Coop bank
They only cover for 45 days, and there is no option to buy an extension (unless they have changed it since September).

I went with LV at £153. The next best was Saga at £206. LV cover for up to 90 days on any individual trip.

Thanks all

Sorry, I’m not sure because we also paid extra for pre-existing conditions so I’m not sure how much each component was.

They only cover for 45 days, and there is no option to buy an extension (unless they have changed it since September).
Correct
To be honest most of my trips tend to be about 6 weeks . If I stay longer I'm not insured

We have been using Nationwide Flexplus for several years giving us 2 x 90 days per year with a supplement. Plus supplements for over 70 and health conditions. But still reasonable compared with most. Not renewed for next year yet so would be interested to hear from anyone who has now I’m over 75.

Best thing is to get lots & lots of quotes. So much depends on age & health and where you want to go.

If you want cover for USA it tends to be more expensive because american medical treatment costs a lot.

As well as the max length of a single stay some policies also limit the max total stay

Some policies also include UK vacations, some don't.

Also make sure you know exactly what cover you are getting. When my wife was hospitalised in Spain our policy covered my accommodation but not my food. They recommended a hotel at 150E a day for B&B but when I choose room only in a closer hotel (40E) they didn't pay for my breakfast!

By way of example we get worldwide including USA; max single stay 60 day; max annual stay 180 days per year; we are both in our 70s and I have had a heart attack & inject insulin to control diabetes. I got a couple of quotes earlier this month to use for budgeting and they range from £1100 to £1500.

Check that: I'm sure it stopped paying interest last year.

Gordon

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back