Travel insurance for over 70s

Once you reach 70, a lot of companies limit you to 30 days or so - including Nationwide. I have found that one of the best is LV because it gives you up to 90 days up to the age of 80. To be sure of what is on offer, I always refer to the MoneySavingExpert website of Martin Lewis - a good start for any search.
For a bit more Nationwide will extend to a 90 days trip length with no limit on the number of trips, I’m over 70 and that’s what I get.

WE have used Sainsbury for the last 2 years. 90 days

We used to be with all sure but when we turned 71 they restricted length of stay.

So we looked around and found https://www.travelinsurance4medical.co.uk/ were cheaper and offered longer stays.
It all depends on previous medical & claims history.

Best solutions are get lots of quotes or use a broker.

We travel a lot to Cuba (or did until TC folded and no one took over) so we need worldwide Multitrip which is never cheap.
We are both Diabetic T2 and I've had a heart attack, and various other bits are falling off on a regular basis so we pay a hefty premium.

Have you had a look at a aNationwide Flexplus account, it includes UK and European breakdown cover, it also has travel insurance for you and your family, however if you are over seventy you would have to get an age extension policy and declare any pre-existing conditions. However as it is rolled up with the breakdown cover which will also cover your car it may just be a better deal
I have a flexaccount and being over 70 it costs me £68 extra over and above my included travel insurance.

We are looking to change our bank account and currently looking at Co-op who also do a package including insurance, or nationwide. This trip 120 days, insurance went up so much ( cheapest was over £400) as Dave over 65yrs with pre existing conditions.

Have you had a look at a aNationwide Flexplus account, it includes UK and European breakdown cover, it also has travel insurance for you and your family, however if you are over seventy you would have to get an age extension policy and declare any pre-existing conditions. However as it is rolled up with the breakdown cover which will also cover your car it may just be a better deal
i am with them for travel and costs about £380 on top as i am 77y.old p.s. for as many trips of 31 days. i like it, but i would like 90 days. best of luck , and happy travel,... oh that is for my wife and i.. ok. pj

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back