transit mwbquic

n brown

a quickie tranny 005.JPGtranny 006.JPGtranny 007.JPG pretty spacious,and in case you're wondering the hole in the seat is so the bed insert which doubles as a table can be stored under the cushion

Very nice. Will be good to see it when its finished with upholstery etc:)

Ange

Superb job!

Have you any more pic's of the inside rear doors? I like they way you finished them of....and I want to copy it :)

covering back doors

tranny 004.JPG.get a sheet cut to the biggest width and the height of door,clamp or screw with self drilling screws so its forced into the curve and draw round it,cut it out and screw it on again then close the door and do it again only this time drawing round the inside of the rubber,cut again and screw it back making sure no screw interferes with the locking gearwhen you've done them both ,close them and cut a strip of ply to cover the join and fix to the passenger side door.not a bad idea to run a bead of decorators caulk round the panels when fixed to stop wet when doors are opened inthe rain ,sorry only pic i took

when cutting plywhere the edges will be exposed its better to use a jigsaw blade with downward pointing teeth,once you get the hang of them,the line is easier to follow and any splintering is on the back

Last edited:
Wow! thats really nice I wish I could do that then I could build my own and get exactly what I want. (a garage for a scooter and bed above)

View attachment 6284.get a sheet cut to the biggest width and the height of door,clamp or screw with self drilling screws so its forced into the curve and draw round it,cut it out and screw it on again then close the door and do it again only this time drawing round the inside of the rubber,cut again and screw it back making sure no screw interferes with the locking gearwhen you've done them both ,close them and cut a strip of ply to cover the join and fix to the passenger side door.not a bad idea to run a bead of decorators caulk round the panels when fixed to stop wet when doors are opened inthe rain ,sorry only pic i took

when cutting plywhere the edges will be exposed its better to use a jigsaw blade with downward pointing teeth,once you get the hang of them,the line is easier to follow and any splintering is on the back

Thanks...good detailed explanation. One more question...what thickness of ply? I imagine the thinner the better to help it bend to the curve of the doors.

thanks for all the comments ! tam-6mm birch if you can afford it,not that much of a curve on any door

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back