Towing a Runaround

Don

Any one on here towing an "AIXAM":D.
What they like for driving.
Am considering one

For Gods sake test drive one first!!! I carried out an appraisal on one for Motability, I couldn't belive the vibration... VERY slow acceleration with NO 0 - 60mph time as they don't go that fast. However I'm sure a 2cyl diesel will do a million miles to the gallon... just don't be in a hurry to get there! With all the hassle of towing, reversing, extra length, parking etc I think a scooter on a rack would be more sensible and no restricted towing speed

Fiat as a tow-a-car

I liked towing a Seicento. I had both basic 850 and Sporting 1100. The latter (38,000 miles) is still being used by one of my sons and - touch wood - has been no trouble at all since new in 2000 - to be precise: One rad (stone hit), set of brake shoes, set of Pirelli's , battery, one set of plugs and yearly oil/filter change. Never failed an MOT. Once Fiats overcame the historic rust problem they produced (in Poland) a cheap lively motor. You can probably get a low milage Seicento for about £1000 now. I don't think the more expensive Panda is an improvement.

BW

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back