touring in spain

michelle

hello has any one out there been to villasol in benidorm were thinking of taking caravan over to leave through the winter but we have never drove abroad before wat is it like

I can't tell you about Spain as it is many years since I was there but driving on the continent is the same as driving here but on the wrong side. there are some different roadsigns you need to bone up on and some items you need to have with you in the vehicle and to hand.
new rules say you must have high viz jackets for all passengers in case of a breakdown and they must be to hand. that is both spain and Italy and francce and germany as from !st jan. you also need 2 warning triangles for spain 1 for the others and first aid kit spare bulbs.
anything I have missed I'm sure someone ekse will fill in.
hope this helps you

hi there... we have been to spain twice in 2004/5 with our 7 meter motorhome (bertie) driving in france/spain isnt a problem the standard of driving in our exprience is much better than the uk. i am a full time taxi driver so i dirve around 50k a year in the uk.all you need to do is take your time and use your mirrors and indicators when they see your from the uk most will make allowances. the main plus for hopping to calais and beyond is that in a motorhome you are welcome unlike the uk where you are resricted like no overnight camping height resrictions car park fees etc etc. the average crossing for us in 7m x 3m is around £115 on p and o ferrys

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back