TK905 GPS tracker

Mobilvetta

I have had this tracker since 2018 with a Asda pay as you go SIM installed, I believe it uses 2G, it has worked great now for a number of years.

I noticed when we went to France and Spain in the winter, that the tracker no longer worked and showed our last position as Newhaven, the port in the UK were we left.

I can still send a text to the tracker when abroad and it will reply with a message showing were we are on Google maps, but I can't set a geo fence or real time tracking on the Winnes App.
When we returned back to the UK it was working fine again tracking us on the route. The SIM is set to roaming, can anyone shed any light on why it isn't working correctly when abroad. Thanks

2g & 3G navagation for most ph co has been switched of, esp on mobiles, you require something with 4g or 5g.

2g & 3G navagation for most ph co has been switched of, esp on mobiles, you require something with 4g or 5g.
Thanks for the reply, still works great in the UK, will have to see if I can get a 4G one in that case.

Thanks for the reply, still works great in the UK, will have to see if I can get a 4G one in that case.
I think trev is right regards 2 g being shut off but at the lastest 2033
But I see gifgaf are still selling sim cards for them on ebay.

Last edited:
I have a Trutrak tracker which is 2g and it worked fine in France earlier this year.
I see they now offer 4g versions but I see no need to change just yet.

One penny mobile have switched of for sure,one ore two will be keeping 3g to after xmas before final shutdown, 2 & 3 will only be used for non smart phones and text only.

Back