Thieves take away notes.

wildman

I notice that many of the members let us all know where they are going for a particular weekend or whatever. Unfortunately we are not the only people to be reading this. Anyone watching the site for a while can glean sufficient info to pinpoint your house and maybe pay you a visit whilst away. :eek::eek:I think we should all be more safety consious. My own van is not kept at home so anyone watching the house will not notice it missing or even know that it is mine and guess the house may be empty. We should be able to post meeting, rallies etc incogneto, no problem placing photos when you get back its too late for the ner-do-wells by then. What say you?:confused:

I notice that many of the members let us all know where they are going for a particular weekend or whatever. Unfortunately we are not the only people to be reading this. Anyone watching the site for a while can glean sufficient info to pinpoint your house and maybe pay you a visit whilst away. :eek::eek:I think we should all be more safety consious. My own van is not kept at home so anyone watching the house will not notice it missing or even know that it is mine and guess the house may be empty. We should be able to post meeting, rallies etc incogneto, no problem placing photos when you get back its too late for the ner-do-wells by then. What say you?:confused:

if we all lived in fear what a terrible thing it would be
i was warned of this point recently and can see the sence
but we dont advertise our addreses
our vehicles could have no plates blanked out and we could say
nothing to anyone about our chosen hobby but is it realy the way we want to live . not me

I think we have had this subject come up before in another thread not to long ago.

Its a shame that we even have to think about it, I've lived here in Devon for over twenty years and for the first ten didn't even bolt the door at night (we do have two dogs) but times are changing and rather than insure every darn thing it is much easier to take simple precautions. Not long after I started locking the car at night it was stolen anyway. Third party only insurance and a write off, not a valuable car but caused a problem for a few days. Every day I read of people afraid to wild alone or close to habitation. I have never had a problem and generally have dogs with me anyway. But it is obvious that people are getting concerned. One look at me and most people run a mile anyway.

Its a shame that we even have to think about it, I've lived here in Devon for over twenty years and for the first ten didn't even bolt the door at night (we do have two dogs) but times are changing and rather than insure every darn thing it is much easier to take simple precautions. Not long after I started locking the car at night it was stolen anyway. Third party only insurance and a write off, not a valuable car but caused a problem for a few days. Every day I read of people afraid to wild alone or close to habitation. I have never had a problem and generally have dogs with me anyway. But it is obvious that people are getting concerned. One look at me and most people run a mile anyway.
Yes it is a shame but thats life in the modern world today. in the old days you could go away no probs and your neighbor would keep an eye on your house now they they are more likely to help themselves to your possessions.
So dont give to much information about yourself to anyone also if you are going to a meet you could arrange it by PM's:)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back