Thetford C2 toilet not flushing

Jabas

Does anyone know if there is one or two micro switches in the cassette hole of a C2 toilet or other causes for my loo to stop flushing. I have checked the fuse is good and removed the pump which works fine connected to my 12v socket. There is no power to the pump cable, so the problem must be somewhere in the bowls of the unit. What to do next??

No, I havn't tried by passing the flush switch, not sure I'd know how?
I was going to have a go at removing the part that holds the micro switches, fuse holder etc. and the fault might be revealed. Or I then just replace that whole bit!?

My last van had a C2 (from memory). I had the opposite problem, it would not stop flushing and tried to fill the bowl. I had to buy a new flush switch unit.

When my C2 played up just like yours I just about dislocated my neck faffing about with the micro switch and it still didnt work.Then I found the answer,I followed the wiring from the fuse board to a join wich was a block connector that had power going in and out if you tested it at the screw heads but one of the wires was not connected properley it had loosened.I think the wire running from the cassette is maybe short from new and has probabley got a join in it ,worth a look.I was on the verge of running a live to the pump via a doorbell switch ,now that would be simple.Avon Calling.

Unplug the pump, then put an ohm meter set to volts dc, press the button and see if power is getting to it, could be switch or where power is connected and fuse inline bu--ered. all easy fix.

Thanks for the suggestions, but having removed the blade mechanism (no easy matter) it was obvious what the problem was. A wire going to the micro switch h and ad broken because not enough slack when the blade was operated. So I've soldered and re sleeved, now working. Just got to get the blade mechanism screwed back into place ( more difficult than removing it, I suspect)
IMG_1202.jpg
IMG_1204.jpg

One of the most common causes can be a toilet pump too full of gunge to operate any more - such as this 20 year old one.
(Accessed the pump under the toilet roll holder, where you undo the single screw that holds it in place.)
You’re supposed to be able to turn the impeller blades exposed on the end, but this one is way too far gone.
If it wasn’t looking so bad you can try soaking it in hot water to hopefully release whatever to get it rotating again - but I think the problem would simply be intermittent afterwards.
Anyway, £40 to get a new pump.

IMG_2014.jpeg

My source of info here:

Another problem with the same loo was a broken draining tube.
I could have got a replacement part for the princely sum of £32, but for now I’m trying some flexible tubing (had to be 12mm OD, 9mm ID).
When I get the new pump I’ll see how it all comes together…

IMG_2015.jpeg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back