Thetford C2 flush not working wiring issue

barryd

Flush stopped working a few days ago and by the looks of it there is a wire off where the cassette goes. I think these wires go to the microswitch but its impossible to get at. Im wondering if where the two wires that are already connected go if that unit clips out so you can get at it. Any idea where the loose hanging wire goes? Looks like there are two options if I can ever get in at them.

Apologies for the cruddy disgusting condition of the Thetford cave (for want of a better word :D )

First pic is taken from outside and the second one is a close up of what I think is the microswitch.

Looks like someone's been in there with some nasty crimps ....

I've just looked at ours (different model so was no help)

BUT found these images of a replacement loom ...
Not sure how much help it will be BUT you might be,able to,work out what goes to where .

T16389-al.jpg
T16389-cl.jpg
T16389-bl.jpg

It looks like there are only two terminals on the microswitch which are intact. In the second pic, the red crimp on the right with no writing on it doesn't look to have an emerging wire, my guess is that it loose wire has pulled/broken out of that crimp. I feel your pain, they are a bu**er to work on.

I've just checked ours, different model but only two wires to the microswitch.

So do you think that loose wire needs to go into one of the slots where the two other brown wires are? God knows how though.

Its hard to tell from the pic but ...........
IMG_0109.jpeg

If you look directly below the right hand red crimp, it looks like there are two brown wires that have been cut off when the last wiring was done.
If there isn't a wire coming out of the end of that red crimp then that's where the break is........
IMG_0109.jpeg

As per my green line......the loose brown wire should be in the red crimp

IMG_0109.jpeg

Its hard to tell from the pic but ...........
View attachment 132143

If you look directly below the right hand red crimp, it looks like there are two brown wires that have been cut off when the last wiring was done.
If there isn't a wire coming out of the end of that red crimp then that's where the break is........
View attachment 132143

As per my green line......the loose brown wire should be in the red crimp

View attachment 132144
Ah got you. Will have a look

I think the previous pictures didnt show it that well. There is a wire coming out of both ends of that crimp so God knows where the broken one goes. I exposed a bit more of it off and tried to shove it in the red crimp but nothing. I dont have any crimps here. Going home on Thursday so no biggy but would like to resolve it myself if possible.

Ok, hard to tell then without a multimeter or another pic if you can get closer in. Just to state the obvious, is the fuse good?

Ok, hard to tell then without a multimeter or another pic if you can get closer in. Just to state the obvious, is the fuse good?

Yes it looks fine. I might see if I can get my motorhome guy (the one that last fixed it) to do a whatsapp vid. Its a right PIA taking it to him (40+ mile round trip)

Yes, I think you are beyond a quick fix on the road. The whole microswitch and cover drops down (4 screws) which should reveal where the wire has broken away from. Good pic on this thread.

Yes, I think you are beyond a quick fix on the road. The whole microswitch and cover drops down (4 screws) which should reveal where the wire has broken away from. Good pic on this thread.
Thanks. I did find that thread earlier. It's frustrating as you think it would be obvious. Will have to leave it for now.

Thanks for all the help.

Back