The web on your phone?

scotsy

I was going to buy a vodafone PAYG dongle until i discovered this little gem.

As a virgin customer at home i also have the £10 /month mobile phone deal (uses T-mobile) which includes 300 minutes and 300 texts. My phone is a Nokia N95 which i bought because it has a really good camera built in (5MP) and saves me having to carry both around. I was informed recently that i could ask virgin-mobile to enable web access so that if i can't find a 'free' wireless connection nearby i could still go 'surfing' for a charge of only 30p a day, you only pay for the day(s) that you use it and although its advertised as 'unlimited' they do stipulate a 'fair use policy' which means you start paying after using 25MB per day.

Virgin Mobile (uk) - Internet and e-mail

I now have the ability to access email and go web browsing wherever i get a phone signal and it only costs me 30p for each of the days i use it/if i use it (but it would have extra charges after using 25MB on one day)

This phone can also be used as a modem to connect my laptop to the system (i've tried it and it does work) but the 'fair use policy' says that sort of use isn't allowed.

Virgin Mobile (uk) - Our Service

Any use to anyone?

Ian

I have a n73 on PAYG with T mobile. I use it when away from home as a modem to my laptop. Cost £2.50 for 5 days which is in effect 6 days.

I appreciate there is a fair use policy but have had no problems. I have even had 3G which is faster than I have by landline at home

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back