The simple things in life

Channa

On a strict egg diet according to the dietician lady so half this weeks ration ...but Duck eggs bought off a woman in the village who keeps a few ducks hens and geese

cooked in a sandwich bag for 6 mins 30 in a pan of water ,,,wildcamping breakfast this one

duck eggs.jpg

no fancy garnishes plus my chives aren't ready

Channa

On a strict egg diet according to the dietician lady so half this weeks ration ...but Duck eggs bought off a woman in the village who keeps a few ducks hens and geese

cooked in a sandwich bag for 6 mins 30 in a pan of water ,,,wildcamping breakfast this one

View attachment 70092

no fancy garnishes plus my chives aren't ready

Channa

In a sandwich bag, I have seen them do poached eggs in a saucepan of boiling water on TV but I have never done it myself.

They look very tasty.

Bag method works well, but I love bit of vinigar taste, so poach straight in pan.

Can't wait until we can buy duck eggs again, they're unavailable over here.
A lady in the village sells her surplus eggs from her dozen or so chucks.
Golden yolks, thick creamy whites. Skid marked shells, without a packing stamp.
There subversive, illegal and delicious.
Poached in a full pan of water, with white wine vinegar and a touch of sea salt in.
A twist of black fresh ground pepper, when served...
Roll on breakfast. !

Had eggy benefits for breakfast a few times since xmas, have them on toasted fresh tiger bread with a slice of mustard ham.
I love that Hollandiase sauce!

Phill

That looks tasty but I'll never touch duck eggs again,had some years ago and broke out itching all over,I'm ok with chicken eggs.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back