The end of Poole and now Aldeburgh??

This story has now been featured on Anglia TV. See:- www.itv.com/anglia then search for Aldeburgh, it's the first story that comes up. It seems it's due to us damaging the sea wall - a bloody great concrete edging block along the side that we park on, and causing potholes in the gravel by us turning round, obviously the dozen or so kids that fly up and down every night NEVER wheel spin and DON'T turn round!!

Anyway the report says the ban will start at the end of June!

So where shall we go and spend our money now... Southwold perhaps? Certainly NOT Aldeburgh!:mad:

So where shall we go and spend our money now... Southwold perhaps? Certainly NOT Aldeburgh!:mad:

Southwold? Don't make me laugh - you'd be as welcome as a rattlesnake in a lucky dip there :D

now those nice people at aldeburgh want tpo stop the church bells on a sunday morning becaause it disturbs their peacefull little town

new signs

We got back today after spending one (and possibly our last!) night at Aldeburgh.
Didnt know anything about the ban, but kinda expected it :)

Anyhows, no signs as yet.. and nobody looking like they're about to start digging! Someone there suggested the land was owned by one person and he/she was not giving consent fo rthe signs to be erected. Not sure how true this is.. but something to cling onto!

Anyhows, i shall write my views re the ban too.. and await an unexpected reply.

Just wish i was able to go back tonight.. a few nights left before the 1st!

got to aldeburgh monday evening at 10pm 25/8/08.the signs are up,they say,no motor caravans beond this point.so its just motorhomes they are stopping,so it seems all other vehicles are welcome.so folks there you have it.

Last edited:
The tide will turn when the economy gets so bad, they will need us back in their town spending our money

How do travellers manage to seemingly park where they want and need an eviction notice to move them?

Why a distinction between us and travellers, surely we are all travelers leading a gypsy lifestyle, especially the fulltimers. Call me anything you like as long as it's not late for dinner.:D:D:D

Yes as well as signs banning motorhomes (only) from the sea wall there are also signs banning ANY overnight parking along the side of the sea bank op' the old boat yard!

There was only one VW camper chancing it on the wall, I for one will now be voting with my feet... or should that be wheels? If they don't want us, I don't want to spend my money there!!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back