Tesco Ullapool overnight poi

Fisherman

We are heading up to Ullapool in April. We intended staying at the hotel for two nights, but when I tried to book them I was told the council stopped them from taking bookings or charging. They did say we were welcome to stay if we can find a space. I was looking at the Tesco carpark if this proves not to be possible it’s listed as a POI. Has anyone ever used it.
Thanks.

At the height of summer 2018 I used Broomfield Holiday park nearby which was actually fine. Got a pitch overlooking the water. No idea of prices today.

Yes the carpark next to Tesco it’s a lorry park stayed many times a little noisy when the lorries leave early morning. in the past there is also a great campsite right on the waters edge.
Thanks Annie I looked at the campsite, I have emailed them.

Bill, not sure you will be welcome on Tesco`s car park but the one next to it is called Latheron Lane car park and welcomes motorhomes.

https://WEBSITE BLOCKED BY ADMIN.com/en/place/139849

Damn ........................................ park 4 night and put " (IV26 2XB) Ullapool - Latheron Ln " or code 139849 into search bar.

Bill, not sure you will be welcome on Tesco`s car park but the one next to it is called Latheron Lane car park and welcomes motorhomes.

Damn ........................................ park 4 night and put " (IV26 2XB) Ullapool - Latheron Ln " or code 139849 into search bar.
Yes Graham, what happened initially was when I did a street view it took me to the Tesco carpark. But then second time it took me to the carpark you mention. Annie mentioned the campsite, and it looks great. So I think we will spend the first night in the car park, and the second in the campsite. The campsite does not take bookings, but the owner reckons I will have no problems getting a place in April. Cheers.

We stay at the campsite a lot and have always got a space even in high season. Best spaces are those right on the front by the sea if you can get one. Make sure you turn up before the evening ferry from Stornaway arrives bringing loads of motor homers!..Often go non EHU for the best pitches at the far end.

Yes Graham, what happened initially was when I did a street view it took me to the Tesco carpark. But then second time it took me to the carpark you mention. Annie mentioned the campsite, and it looks great. So I think we will spend the first night in the car park, and the second in the campsite. The campsite does not take bookings, but the owner reckons I will have no problems getting a place in April. Cheers.
That’s a cracking wee campsite, great views.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back