tales of woe

squeaky kon tiki

hello this is only my second post so please bear with me . as a means of saving money and fuel i now drive my trusty squeaky kontiki to work do my three night shift and then come home.I park in a lay-by during the day leaving all curtains open to make it look like its parked and this is where the problems start. first day plod turns up wakes me up and asks if i am dumping the vehicle :eek: . second day a bunch of kids turn up on quads and start poking around and looking through windows . third day had some bloke stops his transit in front and comes straight over to the caravan door tried the lock peered through the main window :mad: having had enough of this so i jumped down from the over cab and gave the guy a fright of his life :) . to sum things up essex is no place to wild camp even in the day time :confused:

That is a bummer...no fun at all wondering whether you're about to be disturbed. A year or so ago we had a guy open our vehicle door and start to get in - while we were sitting out at the back. Our cantankerous old spaniel thought christmas had come - she really went for him. Maybe you need a grumpy dog?

The problem you have is obviously working nights, so you need to sleep in your van in the day. I doubt whether many people would bother you in a lay-by at night.
I can only really suggest that you park somewhere more secluded. But i can sympathise how bloody annoying it must be to be disturbed constantly.

The problem you have is obviously working nights, so you need to sleep in your van in the day. I doubt whether many people would bother you in a lay-by at night.
I can only really suggest that you park somewhere more secluded. But i can sympathise how bloody annoying it must be to be disturbed constantly.

i think what is really worrying me the most is that if this stuff is going on during the day . what would have happened if it was parked and i had gone shopping would i still have a van ?

I must admit we do the opposite, i.e. we always park up with silver screens up and curtains closed so that people don't know if it's empty or not. But I guess they would only have to knock on the door to see if someone's inside, but it sure seems like a VERY dodgy area you have chosen.

I would try somewhere more residential/safe.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back