Talbot steering rack

lenny

Has anyone got any experience or knowledge on the Talbot express steering rack:confused:. Pre MOT stated excessive play on nearside (unserviceable) yet I have inspected and find it ok apart from very slight vertical play and it seems ok to me.
Can it be repaired or does the whole assembly need to be replaced?(It's a 1985 Talbot express) non power steering.

Thanks in advance:)

Has anyone got any experience or knowledge on the Talbot express steering rack:confused:. Pre MOT stated excessive play on nearside (unserviceable) yet I have inspected and find it ok apart from very slight vertical play and it seems ok to me.
Can it be repaired or does the whole assembly need to be replaced?(It's a 1985 Talbot express) non power steering.

Thanks in advance:)
If you can't fix it you may be able to get it reconditioned. Try AV Taylor's in Byker.

If you can't fix it you may be able to get it reconditioned. Try AV Taylor's in Byker.

Thanks ,Trev,got his address off google , But as I say ,it seems ok to me,think I'll try some adjustment tomorrow then put it back in for MOT.

Thanks ,Trev,got his address off google , But as I say ,it seems ok to me,think I'll try some adjustment tomorrow then put it back in for MOT.
If anyone can fix it you can.;)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back