Take extra care if you are coming through Calais.

It always tickles me that in situations like this and other dangerous ones they find the time and composure to get their phone and start recording.

That would be the last thing on my mind and i would need both hands to eject the undesirables :mad:

Tbh, I hadn't given any thought to the filming, but you are right, it's not something that would even cross my mind. :cautious:

Tbh, I hadn't given any thought to the filming, but you are right, it's not something that would even cross my mind. :cautious:

If you're quick thinking you would use your phone to record stuff as evidence ...?
Must admit, although I hardly ever use my phone to video stuff normally, it's something that might have crossed my mind if I'd been able to keep it together enough at the time?

As the van is parked up and everything is happening in the habitation area dash cams are obviously no good.

The guy recording definitely had his wits about him, and the adrenaline was flowing, you could tell by his voice.

All I can say is very well done that man! Not a nice experience, could have been much worse though.

See some of the lurking xenophobes are kicking off as usual in response to this post on sister site... :rolleyes: 🙂

I am seriously worried about you Mr Woo, I really am. You gave me an unsolicited emoji. o_O Are you alright? Do I need to call for an ambulance? Have you got that emoji virus?

No ambulance needed although i was feeling quite light-headed after paying the bills for the damage to the car and the fencing panels that Ciara and Dennis buggered.

The car repair will have to be completely re-done because it stands out like a sore thumb this morning :mad:

It always tickles me that in situations like this and other dangerous ones they find the time and composure to get their phone and start recording.

That would be the last thing on my mind and i would need both hands to eject the undesirables :mad:

My thoughts exactly, I think there’s definitely something Iffy about that video!

No ambulance needed although i was feeling quite light-headed after paying the bills for the damage to the car and the fencing panels that Ciara and Dennis buggered.

The car repair will have to be completely re-done because it stands out like a sore thumb this morning :mad:

Yikes! No wonder you are disorientated!

Why do people insist on stopping near the port to GO SHOPPING. France is hardly cheap and lets face it their cheap red wine is just cheap plonk. Yes I have drunk a few bottles of it in my time and know what it tastes like. There are plenty of other places to park and shop well away from the Ports. There are also many Aires to stop at within a couple of hours drive. Personally I would rather stop at Canterbury going and then head over in the morning. A few hours drive the other side sees you well clear of any immigrants. Coming back we do the same and have an hours drive to the Port from inland France.

While I was in Pidou one day I saw two guys climb under the sheet of a lorry in the car park. I found the driver and told him. His reply was "I'm on my way to Gibraltar". So if you leave the van near Calais just say "Spain here we come" before setting off in a loud voice. That should clear them out.

I find it highly suspicious that the guy was recording it all on his phone. If you were faced with unwanted passengers you might want both hands to defend yourselves with.
If that happened to us, the first thing we would know about it would be the sounds of our Sparky (dog not electrician) telling us that he would kill anyone who tried to get near his Mum.

The immigrants are playing a numbers game, they only have to get through once we have to stop them every time ...they get arrested frees to try again

Stop away from sleeping near the ports, if you do stop check the van before moving off , final check at the ports ....lock van if refuelling , just generally don’t be complacent.....simple steps prevent your derention this end being questioned

Looks like the original video has gone from page 1. Its in the Daily Mail online today though so maybe they sold the story and had to take it down off facebook and twitter. I found it on Facebook yesterday and the family seemed genuine though.

France is hardly cheap and lets face it their cheap red wine is just cheap plonk.
Not true. Wine can be up to 60% cheaper in France than the UK, because we pay so much in taxes that the French don’t pay. The UK government puts a £2.05 tax (BEFORE VAT) on every bottle of wine and £2.30 on every bottle of sparkling wine. So for the same quality wine you pay a lot less in France. Even cheap plonk is cheaper, if that's what you prefer.

Not true. Wine can be up to 60% cheaper in France than the UK, because we pay so much in taxes that the French don’t pay. The UK government puts a £2.05 tax (BEFORE VAT) on every bottle of wine and £2.30 on every bottle of sparkling wine. So for the same quality wine you pay a lot less in France. Even cheap plonk is cheaper, if that's what you prefer.

You have assumed I was referring to WINE, As I don't drink now I have no idea how much it is. I was referring to France being expensive. Spain is far cheaper for food and diesel. It's actually cheaper to fill up with diesel in the Uk before you go which 20 years ago was unheard of.

You have assumed I was referring to WINE, As I don't drink now I have no idea how much it is. I was referring to France being expensive. Spain is far cheaper for food and diesel. It's actually cheaper to fill up with diesel in the Uk before you go which 20 years ago was unheard of.
Has UK diesel dropped to below a pound ? Plenty of Spanish Diesel at 1.10 Euro ?

We picked one up under the RV. He propped himself up over the tag axel. Trouble was we just arrived and picked up from Auchan then drove 100 miles before we herd banging on the floor. Pulled over and he crawled from underneath. Left him in the lay by. Bet he chose more wisely the second time!!!!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back