T P Ms

molly 2

Any one been for tyres and been recommended to have tyre monitors changed , not cheap £ 200

Last edited:
Any one been for tyres and been recommended to have tyre monitors changed , not cheap ?,

I've got cheap Chinese one's on my bike Bazz.

They seem to be accurate and also show the tyre temperature which is worth knowing on a bike. I'm well pleased with them.

Guessing Bazz means OEM? Bet they ain't cheap.

Are they MOT failure if not working when fitted from new?

Any one been for tyres and been recommended to have tyre monitors changed , not cheap ?,
My car failed on one it got detached an was sliding around in side tyre ATS Truro where frighting with price i bought 4 complete from ebay for a lot less local tyre bay fitted one for 5£ I found out after that my car had them fitted a year before they became mandatory so really shouldn't have failed on them last mot was half price when I told them.
If you got a good ecu service agent nr by you can have them written out

Guessing Bazz means OEM? Bet they ain't cheap.
You can often get third-part sensors that talk to the OEM receiver in the vehicle but trickier to setup.

Are they MOT failure if not working when fitted from new?
Yes and No. Many vehicles had TPMS before it was obligitory and on those vehicles, if the TPMS failed it would not be an MOT fail.

I am not sure if an add-on TPMS system was fitted to a vehicle that was obliged legally to have an operational TPMS, it would be ok in MOT terms? As the requirement was to have TPMS, don't really see why it shouldn't be acceptable, but guess it is down to the regulations in the MOT testers manual.

Back