Swivel seat lock fiat ducato

andyjanet

Hi all! Ive heard people talking about fitting a lock to there swivel seat to lock it in place against the steering wheel just as another deterrent , any body done this seen this ? What lock do you get and where do you fit it,
Please dont tell me about other devices that can be bought , i have other means of securing the vehicle , i am looking for another visual detterent and interested in the swivel seat udea

Swivel the seat all the way round, then drill a hole in front of the swivelling bit, then use a motorcycle disc lock to prevent it swivelling back. I’ve a picture on the iPad somewhere but can’t find it at the moment. Very easy to do with NO special tools needed, just a drill bit.

Hi all! Ive heard people talking about fitting a lock to there swivel seat to lock it in place against the steering wheel just as another deterrent , any body done this seen this ? What lock do you get and where do you fit it,
Please dont tell me about other devices that can be bought , i have other means of securing the vehicle , i am looking for another visual detterent and interested in the swivel seat udea
When I went away recently and left the MH on its own in the driveway without the usual car blocking it in, I swivelled both seats to face each other and then fitted a bicycle D Lock onto the two bars that move the seats to and fro.
Not very visual I guess but would prevent the seats from being put into driving position.

Not sure how you could secure the seat to the steering wheel without a long chain as there is nothing above the seat base that has any securing points?
I guess turn round fully and then lock through seat and base, but you would need to remove/adapt the base rear cover to make room for a chain/lock.

Visual idea...
Fit a pole holder (Could use a D clamp with the nuts inside the seat base) securely onto the seat base side. Then get a long pole with a ring in the end or holes and paint bright yellow.
To use, rotate seat around, then drop pole into pole holder, padlock at the bottom so it cannot be pulled out. Pole physically stops seat from turning around .

1727599911773.jpeg

Not all swivel plates are the same, so you will need to check what fits your swivel, but anything like Simons that prevents the seat being used for driving will do the job

Not all swivel plates are the same, so you will need to check what fits your swivel, but anything like Simons that prevents the seat being used for driving will do the job
Only thing with that example is it assumes/relies on the space under the seat being free and available. Typically you will find them stuffed full of Batteries, electric units like EBLs, chargers, repair and tool kits, etc.

Only thing with that example is it assumes/relies on the space under the seat being free and available. Typically you will find them stuffed full of Batteries, electric units like EBLs, chargers, repair and tool kits, etc.
My seat has two batteries and a inverter underneath, so I made a lock which attached to the two lugs which lock seat forward

Back