SWAP 15kg Calor Gas Bottle

Nosha

Large 15kg 'blue' Calor Gas bottle (type with quick release fitting), the sort that fits mobile gas fires & patio heaters etc - empty, wish to swap for ANY size Calor Gas 'red' bottle (that's 15kg or smaller) as my new motorhome's central heating system will NOT run on butane.

Due to law on posting gas cylinders plus weight and size etc need to meet up and swap... so I live near M1 J15 if you're passing - or don't live to far away, however we do travel up and down M1 to Sheffield about once a month if that helps! Thanks!

Swap

Hi
You should be able to swap your calor gas bottle from Butane to propane or for a different size. Check this on the calor web site and they will tell you a local supplier..

stubouy

We just swapped a 6Kg butane bottle for a 13Kg propane. Simply go to your nearest Calor dealer - much easier.

Hi Nosha
Try your local builders merchant they should change it without a problem.I run a branch of Travis Perkins and i do.
Rob

Sot Fines (and Calor swap)

Hi all,

It was due to my local Calor Gas dealer saying "Calors policy is that you can NO LONGER SWAP DIFFERENT SIZES"!

I went to another dealer and was told the same thing, I'll try my local Travis Perkins and see if they sing off the same hymn sheet.

As I'm only involved with HGV I don't know about car spot fines, however I was told it was designed to hit foreign truckers who are breaking our laws!

gas bottles

White arches at stony stratford, swap red for blue bottles of different sizes.Hope this is helpful.

Gas Bottle Swap

Thanks Garry, I used to use Gayton Marina as they were the closest, however looking at some of the posts perhaps Calor have had a change of heart... if not I'll call in Stoney. Thanks again.

Hi
another good supply of gas bottles involves a trip to your local tip or should i say "recycling center". the guys running the place normally have an abundance of them and normally charge a couple of quid to get rid of them.
thats were i got mine as calor want a fortune as deposit on hiring a new one.
just make sure it,s genuine calor.
john.:D

Gas Bottle Makes

Pappajohn don't discount all other makes of gas bottles, I bought a pr of 6kg red Calor bottles off www.preloved.co.uk ; but when I went to pick them up I found one was Calor and one was Flogas but as the Calor was 'as new' and full and the other 2/3rds full I didn't mind paying the asking price of £15.

When I got home a quick 'Google' for Flogas found there was an outlet just two villages away! And the fittings are the same, but yes a quick scavange at the local tip... or a look in a lay-by after the gypo's have moved on will reveal some 'strange' makes.

other gas bottles

Hi nosha, i appreciate what you're saying but i think a lot of 'other' brands are pretty much regional(could be wrong) and,while on the road, can be hard to source whereas calor is available everywhere in the uk.
ps. sounds like you got a bargain!!! ;)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back