Super Beam Benders

teasy2007

Hi

Could anybody advise where I can obtain a set of beam benders for a 2007 Peugeot boxer please.

We are going to France and Spain in the spring and apparently we need to fit these before we get to France.

Mike

have you tried your local dealership, or if all else fails go to your nearest motorist discount shop. or the aa or rac may help

Halfords. Clubs (C&CC ? CC) Even at the port duty free shop or on board the ferry.

Take it to your peaugeot dealer and get them to put it front of the beam direction tester then you can put a small piece of tape over the relevant position. Thats what I have done and they assured me that will be ok.

Take it to your peaugeot dealer and get them to put it front of the beam direction tester then you can put a small piece of tape over the relevant position. Thats what I have done and they assured me that will be ok.
i had the same advice from an mot tester for my lhd to pass the mot, have read that there can be problems though on plastic lensed headlights, should be no problems at all on glass

Too expensive

They are all too expensive!!!:mad:
We make our own every year by cutting the shape out of gaffer tape:D:cool:

I would just like to reinforce the comment about useing glue on plastic "lenses", things like super glue are a definite no-no as they will almost certainly permanently mark the plastic.

The other problem you may encounter with the new Sevil headlights is the outer is a cover not a lens and therefore masking or deflecting on this may not be effective, as it's some distance away from the real lens.

It would probably be best to get advice from the dealers, but try to speak to workshop staff or someone with practical experience rather than the salesman.

I'm not going to start a row on this because I do the same; a bit of insulating tape etc.
But, and here's the problem: If the Police want to be awkward then they can insist that it should be one of those dopey plastic lense benders.
There is no doubt that the Continental Police are tightening up on visiting Brits. At Dunkerque they were pulling Brit vehicles (end July '07). They were, allegedly, doing the same at Calais and Boulogne as well.
So, the moral is, mask your headlights before you get off the boat

Gaffer tape

I put the gaffer tape on at home before we leave and if cut neatly, it looks the part and I doudt that the French would even notice that they were not a purchaced item.:D

I put the gaffer tape on at home before we leave and if cut neatly, it looks the part and I doudt that the French would even notice that they were not a purchaced item.:D
they would have to look close and then it should only be a problem if they don't deflect the beam

Plastic Headlamps - WARNING!

Be VERY careful when sticking ANYTHING to the latest plastic headlamp lenses, the heat from the bulbs can and DOES cause a reaction between the adhesive on the tape, lens bender etc and the plastic lens causing it to 'craze' and weaken.

So what ever you use, DO remove it as soon as you get home.

just got some

from my local fiat dealer £27 aprox benders are included in the headlamp covers as standard
mail me if you need the part but are you sure it is the correct year as mine is a2007 registerd
but acording to the dealer its a 2005? motorhome cab
aparently they can be a few years behind do not go by the date it was first registerd

from my local fiat dealer £27 aprox benders are included in the headlamp covers as standard
mail me if you need the part but are you sure it is the correct year as mine is a2007 registerd
but acording to the dealer its a 2005? motorhome cab
aparently they can be a few years behind do not go by the date it was first registerd

I also bought headlamp covers for my last van (ducato) that came with beam masks and fient lines on them indicating position. I'M sure they are available for the new ones. I bought a kit from Halfords this year that came with a guide for all vehicle models...About £6.

beam benders

Just been in local peugeout fiat dealer and they only no and supply the stick on ones, for the latest model.They seem to be standard and use them on the cars as well, which some of these have plastic lenses.Has any one else found any thing different.

Oh yes

Very true I've seen it:D:D

But when you saw my m/h that was just the remainder from last summer.
The silver top layer had peeled off, buy I was leaving the bottom layer on so that I know where to stick it next time:D

beam benders

Just spoke to the dealers got my van from.They gave me a fiat dealer they get there bits from,who is a motorhome owner himself.They do a stick on beam bender which is safe to use on the new model.Out of stock till thursday will give part number and picture when i get them.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back