Sundance

ttsteve

Hi,

I am a campervan newbee. I just purchased a 2005 Swift Sundance and the leisure battery seems to be charged only by the hook up and not while traveling. Would this be correct?

Best Regards
Steve:

Welcome to the site buddy :)

It certainly doesnt sound right to me, although I am not the best person to ask, I am sure one of the more technically minded among us will answer your query very soon

No thats not right. The leisure battery should definitly be charging when the engine is running.
Firstly i would check that the leisure battery isolator switch is not turned off, then check all your fuses and connections.

Thanks guys. So what position should the rocker switch be in while driving, V, middle (off), or L ?

charge

is it not in hand book?
I cant remember.
old age i guess:)

Weez
Tony

Steve...
The easiest way to check, is use a multimeter on the leisure battery whilst the engine is running. You can then try different settings on the switch on your control panel to see which one will show a reading on the multimeter.
If the leisure battery is being charged it will show a reading of around 14 volts. If it only shows a reading of 12 volts or less then no charge is happening.

charge

***** now you mention it so does the Sundance.
Which model is it?

weez
Tony

Thanks for your help guys. It is sorted! There was a blown fuse in the "campervan" fuse box, under the bonnet. Now getting 13.7V at tickover. Hopefully the fuse will not blow again! I will keep you appraised. :):). The rocker swith can be in any position.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back