Sundance again!

ttsteve

Hi Guys, I am back again. Truma heater this time. It worked fine a couple of times and now it will not ignite. I have the front off. The ignitior seems to be generating electricity (I know that because it gave me a shock when it was not earthed). How do you get at the sparking end to check that there is a spark?

spark

check truma recall
see on HCI technical tips on hymer club site
someone had a link to this'

weez
Tony

If it is the same model as I had, you access the burner assembly from underneath the vehicle

Hi Guys, I am back again. Truma heater this time. It worked fine a couple of times and now it will not ignite. I have the front off. The ignitior seems to be generating electricity (I know that because it gave me a shock when it was not earthed). How do you get at the sparking end to check that there is a spark?
I had the same some years ago. You have a false spark towards the mass at the ignitor underneath the Truma. You will see there is a small steel blind over it. Friction of the wire makes the spark spring over to that blind. Have the wire taped over or put a small sheet of cartboard between.
Good luck and no shocks :cool:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back