stupid question - filling van with water

Hia

one of my early trips out to a campsite near Scarborough water tap their on site but hose not long enough.
Daughter and I put water into tank via plastic bottle and kettle.
next day found a Wilkinsons and bought a watering can.
will not go anywhere without it. forget the hose by using my watering can i only put in what i am going to use and a little extra so no waste conserving the water incase we have a hot summer and water drought.

That hols I found out I had a waste water tank.:eek::eek:

What I do is fill a 5 gallon jerrycan at the site tap, then truck it back to the van with an old suitcase trolley. .... No heavy lifting or struggling with watering cans and no need to carry miles of hose or tap adapters.

Doesn't a five gallon jerry can take up a lot more space than a roll-flat hose? With a tank the size I have, it would mean several trips. I think I'd rather carry a roll-flat hose and make one trip.

I regularly empty my tank and refill it, but it's a good tip about the sterilising tablets. On second thoughts, we don't often drink from the tap. It's usually boiled for tea or we drink other stuff that comes out of a bottle, but isn't water (I can't bring myself to buy water when it costs more than fuel).

I'm off to Italy this Summer. Has anyone any tips about which attachments I might need for taps on sites there, please?

Forums are terrific for help.

The great thing about these discussions is everyone gets a little help if they are open-minded. Some people don't need help because they are comfy with their way of dealing with whatever we are discussing, they share their comfort, then others get to add or change their method of dealing with whatever we are discussing.

For example, I think its very important to regularly clean tanks and waterways and to regularly empty and fill those tanks, those thoughts are based on some past experiences of drinking skunky water. Others, on the other-hand find it quite acceptable to never clean their tanks, maybe a bi-annual flush-out with clean water and they're happy.

I once recently had a cuppa with a very hospitable pal, we both sat in the sun, then came the moment I had to sip my tea. I threw it into grass complaining about my wretched fillings needing some dental-treatment and inwardly vowed to continue with my obsession (amongst-others) to clean water from my motorhome taps.

Regarding the lay-flat hose, I had been intending to free-up some space by swopping my common-or-garden-garden-hose until I came across a couple of CL's with a dribble rather than a flow. Brought-back the memory of the last time I saw my eldest grandson and he asked, "How far can you pee granpa".

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back