studland

• Thread starter squeaky kon tiki
  • Start date

squeaky kon tiki

hi this is my fisrt post so please be gentle to me . since christmas the wife and i have spent nearly every other week happily in a layby between corfe and studland in dorset . this was fine up until about two weeks ago , most of us up there park end in to leave room for other vans but some of us have noticed some newer vans parking long ways . i mentioned to one such driver that it maybe better to change the way he parked and was told to go away in unfriendly terms . the reason i write this is to ask if anyone does park there please be sensible about it as we all dont want to loose such a great stopover. thanks

Hi squeaky, and welcome to the site.
It is such a shame that some people cant see further than the noses on their faces.
I applaud you for thinking of the wider motorhoming community, and it is such a shame that others cant do the same, may their batteries go flat and their waste tanks block with something awful :D

hi this is my fisrt post so please be gentle to me . since christmas the wife and i have spent nearly every other week happily in a layby between corfe and studland in dorset . this was fine up until about two weeks ago , most of us up there park end in to leave room for other vans but some of us have noticed some newer vans parking long ways . i mentioned to one such driver that it maybe better to change the way he parked and was told to go away in unfriendly terms . the reason i write this is to ask if anyone does park there please be sensible about it as we all dont want to loose such a great stopover. thanks
Hi squeaky,
I too have only just joined and am looking forward to being here,
I too aplaud your action and am just as appauled at the result.
It is an unfortunate truth that there are a lot of people with the wrong attitude out there who end up spoiling it for the rest.
There is very little that we can do apart from trying to chage them by very subtly trying to talk them round,
but do not bank on the result!
Wilbury

Hi Squeaky, welcome to you.

We parked up at Corfe a few days ago & there was 2 of us there for the night. No problems with parking, very peaceful quiet night.
Had a great walk around & we followed a Deer for about an hour that was only about 30 - 40 feet away from us. It seemed to allow us to take pics & always kept an eye on us as it started to head up onto the bank where the railway line is.
We had a great night there & hope to return in the near future.

Not sure if you know, but in Swanage between 7pm & 8am on the road that leads to the ferry you can park right by the sea front.

Or in the Main Beach car park, m/homes can stay there for 1 night parked in the Coach bays for £5.50 between 6pm & 9am.

studland use it whilst you still can

being local and a former tennant of the national trust i can assure you the national trust are intent on stopping all wildcamping on the kingston lacy estate which extends from wimborne to swanage and includes studland ,
they have had to spend thousands on clean ups after the so called new age travelers have desimated so many droves and bridalways
lots are now blocked with farm impliments and huge logs so only walkers have access
shame such a few spoil it for so many

they have had to spend thousands on clean ups after the so called new age travelers have desimated so many droves and bridalways

if only that was true. I spent 3 years talking to both the National Trust and the Ferry Company, who own Ferry Rd where the vans used to park, and i even had a meeting with Emma Wright, boss of the NT, along Ferry Rd to put the M/homers points of view and according to her ALL the litter problems were caused by the M/homers which is blatantly untrue, the majority of litter was left by the day trippers who had nowhere to leave their litter after 7pm after the car park attendants had been told by her to put the bins inside the kiosk because "people were putting rubbish in them" A couple of the regular users of Ferry Rd even managed to get some black bin liner bags and litter pickers off the NT so they could clear the rubbish left behind but once the place started looking tidier the NT withdrew the offer because it was ruining the NT case for getting rid of us. BUT we don't always do ourselves any favours, 1 afternoon i saw a chap walking on the heathland to empty his toilet, this in full view of the queue that was waiting for the ferry. i told him of at least 3 places within a couple of miles of where he was parked where he could empty it without problems but he wasn't interested so i contacted the "snail" club to which he belonged and they put a reminder in their next months magazine asking members to dispose of toilet waste in appropriate places.

bertie

but he wasn't interested so i contacted the "snail" club to which he belonged and they put a reminder in their next months magazine asking members to dispose of toilet waste in appropriate places.

bertie

Name and Shame - Name and shame - the dirty fatherless

Last edited by a moderator:
Name and Shame - Name and shame - the dirty fatherless

Sorry, i didn't know his name but he had a snail club sticker on his windscreen so i e mailed the chairman of the club and gave him his registration number and to be fair to the chairman he replied to me and as i said he did put a reminder in the club magazine

bertie

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back