Stratford get together 2008

voxol51

I know its well early yet, but has anybody any thoughts on another Stratford gathering at Riverside next year?

If I could book the dates that coincide with the Stratford M/home show in June would that be of interest to anybody? Or would you prefer the Shakespear birthday celebrations in April?
Voxy

Last edited:
voxol51 said:
I know its well early yet, but has anybody any thoughts on another Stratford gathering at Riverside next year?

If I could book the dates that coincide with the Stratford M/home show in June would that be of interest to anybody? Or would you prefer the Shakespear birthday celebrations in April?
Voxy
shakespears birthday was good for us...as i think too much to do if it coincides with a motorhome show..april was a good time too but we were lucky with the weather eh! sammx

I've posted this on other forums and somebody mentioned the fact that by June a lot of people are heading off on holiday.
So I think we will try for Shakespeare celebrations again in April, and take our chances on the weather.
It was also sugested we call it the Motorhome G.I.G.;
Motorhome Gathering of Internet Groups.

Voxy.

yes june is when we normally take our holiday too.look forward to it..sam ;)

voxol51 said:

Voxy
and good old st georges day too :D

If it's at a 'Riverside' is there somewhere I can 'dunk' my boat?

I'm sure ***** will know!!

Nosha said:

I'm sure ***** will know!!
yes you can bring your boat here...we went on the river in a rowing boat...had tons of fun...:D campsite is situated next to the river..sammx

Nosha said:

There is a small slipway near the water taxi that wasn't running this year, hint hint nudge nudge......

Voxy

Shakesperes birthday/death celebrations were good,,,exelent couple of days by the river,,nice campsite too.. all in all a good weekend .:)

i agree...was a great place to visit with good company,,cant wait until next year..:p

Boating/Water Taxi

Voxy, Samm, *****
The 'new' boat only takes 5, unlike the last one that was licenced for 8, mind you I could always go more than once!

5 knots, oh well I'll have to stay in first gear with the hand brake on!

It all sounds like fun, thanks for the link; let me know the date once you're all organised and I'll make sure we're free! (Or at least very cheap!).

Remember I'm not a complete idiot... bits of me are missing!!

Nosha said:
Voxy, Samm, *****
The 'new' boat only takes 5, unlike the last one that was licenced for 8, mind you I could always go more than once!

It all sounds like fun, thanks for the link; let me know the date once you're all organised and I'll make sure we're free! (Or at least very cheap!).

Hi Nosha.
Sold my van to release a little money to do the house up & then sell it and then but another m/h.
The trouble is that I have already looked at some New M/H and some very good deals out there.
Very tempted but dosh a little tight for what I want.
Hope to meet you at Stratford, will have to wait and see.
regards Graham & Kath

Nosha said:
Voxy, Samm, *****

sounds great...id love a trip in it ,we will definately go to the stratford meet next year but maybe we could all meet up before then eh!!...we went canoeing today..we want to buy one now..we had 1 each so we could take photos of each other :D
but we would like to buy a 2 seater one..sammx

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back