stopover nr bootle, liverpool

tony

we will be returning to ireland on the p & o ferry from bootle ,nr liverpool early april.
can anyone help with suitable wilding spots in that area please as we will be getting the morning sailing.
thanks all.
tony

Sorry I don't now of any suitable places in that area:eek:
The last time I was there which was in my car I would not stop
to bye a newspaper, lookes a dodgy area, even the locals would agree:D

thanks. i checked with p & o re staying at the port but was told i could'nt.
i find that strange as trucks do it all the time & p & o told me its ok in dublin to stay at the port.
tony

Tony

If you are coming from the North or East then try Hightown by the boat yard on the River Alt, GR SD296037, about 7 miles to the ferry. From the South the best option is Fiddlers Ferry Yacht Haven, near Warrington, 17 miles away at GR SJ562866.

By the way, Cipro, I come from Bootle and I don't agree with your stereotyping. I do remember getting a puncture on my motorbike in Telford and getting a good kicking off the locals but I don't publish derogatory comments about Shropshire.

Andy

thanks andy. you get good & bad people everywhere.
there is no point in looking for trouble either.
tony

By the way, Cipro, I come from Bootle and I don't agree with your stereotyping. I do remember getting a puncture on my motorbike in Telford and getting a good kicking off the locals but I don't publish derogatory comments about Shropshire

Every town has problematic areas yes including my own :mad: and who did I stereotype you with :confused:

I had to visit bootle some time ago and it was in the part I was in intimidating to say the least.
There is parts in tel ford i would not visit day or night like I said in my post
we all have areas of unjust.
The post was where should some one stay near Bootle I still would say
nowhere I am sorry if this offends you.

If your kicking did happen in Tel ford then I hope you reported it I dont
wish harm on anybody

Last edited by a moderator:
we will be returning to ireland on the p & o ferry from bootle ,nr liverpool early april.
can anyone help with suitable wilding spots in that area please as we will be getting the morning sailing.
thanks all.
tony

thank you all for your comments , well received.
however we do seem to have gotten sidetracked , any other ideas would be more than welcome.
i note there is tesco in the area anyone know anything about them.
thanks again
tony

Last edited:
somewhere to stay

hi tony
how about the sea front at southport, loads of space there, iv'e seen reports of wild campers stopping on the car park of the old pleasure beach at southport also.
from there it's not too far into bootle.
good luck

live long and prosper:D:p;)

stopover

hi tony
another good stopover is at the service on the m56 at chester.
loads of lorries stop there (i seem to recollect a small charge).
from there it's straight up the m53 and through the new mersey tunnel (it'l cost you) then straight into bootle.

live long and prosper;):eek:

thanks bevo i will keep southport in mind , will be coming from york area.
have useed the m55 in the past when we travelled norfolk line from birkenhead.

hi tony
how about the sea front at southport, loads of space there, iv'e seen reports of wild campers stopping on the car park of the old pleasure beach at southport also.
from there it's not too far into bootle.
good luck

live long and prosper:D:p;)
Tony i've stopped at both no problems.Also Ainsdale beach is another possible
Even had a meet with the facts crew at pleasure beach
Rob

hi try j3 m58, duel carrageway towards st helens (a570) less than 1 mile, loop of old road,lay by, quiet used by odd m/h . newboy

Havent been up there for a while but there are plenty of hidden car parks in the dunes up Ainsdale/ Freshfield/Formby way. We used to overnight up there loads although I guess the rangers are a lot more on the case now.
If I was in your position thats where I'd head - keep it late as you can!

And theres always Burtonwood services on the M62 about 10 miles from Liverpool

Hi Southport and Bootle are both in the borough of Sefton.
There is a site at Watersidelodge near the marine lake in southport.
Or you could try Abbey farm,Dark lane Ormskirk further down the A59.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back