Stonehenge

brokenhillkangas

Hi everyone, has anyone recently camped overnight at Stonehenge? We have a Movano and wanted to stop over on Friday night as it's on our way to the West Country and an hour out from home. I know the turn off the eastbound A303 and apparently the track is badly potholed but from a 2021 post I saw, it is a good place to stop. Does anyone know more or different? Many thanks. Liz

Hi everyone, has anyone recently camped overnight at Stonehenge? We have a Movano and wanted to stop over on Friday night as it's on our way to the West Country and an hour out from home. I know the turn off the eastbound A303 and apparently the track is badly potholed but from a 2021 post I saw, it is a good place to stop. Does anyone know more or different? Many thanks. Liz
Yes it’s fine to stay there as you say enter with care or go in from the Larkhill end still very pothole but you’re not dicing with fast moving traffic on the 303.

Used it as a brew stop month or so ago, but didn't over night there. It's perfectly good for a night stop if you don't mind a few other vans being around, or sometime lots of vans.
It is a no right turn when leaving track onto A303 (westbound)

We stopped overnight when coming back from Ireland a month ago, just mind the pot holes.

Definitely approach from the North. It's very dangerous turning off the A303.

Plenty of potholes but fine if taken with care and at low speed.

turn into Larkhill and go down bingham rd or willoughby rd . you#ll come to a dirt track that you won't believe is the trackway to stonehenge .just take it slow it's fine

Out of curiosity, I wondered how close Google got to it.

Out of curiosity, I wondered how close Google got to it.

To the track, Google turns me right, off of the A303. Which is a no right turn. :)

I either go through Larkhill, or continue passed the track to the roundabout, only about a mile up the road, then return on A303 and turn left into the track.

If you really wanted, you could turn left (if heading west) onto the continuation of the track, do a U turn on the track, and then go straight across at the junction, I wouldn't recommend that option though. A: You'll probably get stuck. B: Crossing both lanes of A303 can be tricky. If that makes sense 😂

To the track, Google turns me right, off of the A303. Which is a no right turn. :)

I either go through Larkhill, or continue passed the track to the roundabout, only about a mile up the road, then return on A303 and turn left into the track.

If you really wanted, you could turn left (if heading west) onto the continuation of the track, do a U turn on the track, and then go straight across at the junction, I wouldn't recommend that option though. A: You'll probably get stuck. B: Crossing both lanes of A303 can be tricky. If that makes sense 😂
Not so bad at night/early am though

The 'continuation' is still byway 12 Mark. Its not a bad place to stop although one bit you really need 4x4 depending on time of year/weather. If you go on to it from Winterbourne Stoke end there is quite a lot to park on

We have stay a few times this year in our tagg axle at 8.6 mtrs with no problem it's a rough track full of pot hole ..
But we nade it ok.

Woodhenge, is a decent stopover, it's not quite Stonehenge though! Cheers Pat

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back