Stickers again.

Admin

Administrator
Ok here is a basic outline for a sticker that could have more text added to the top.

The thing to remember here is that the sticker must appeal to a wide range of members, so it must not be to personal.

The one I have done is quite simple and would be printed on a white sticker 30cm x 10cm.

We could have:

"Motorhomes gone wild!"
"walking on the wild side"
"Living free"
"camping for free"
"enjoying nature"
"I like it wild"
"we like it wild"
"Loving and living with nature"
"honk if your wild too"
"what motorhomes were made for"
"where ever I park my van, thats my home"
"Are you a wild camper

or anything else that people like!

wc1.jpg

admin said:
Ok here is a basic outline for a sticker that could have more text added to the top.

The thing to remember here is that the sticker must appeal to a wide range of members, so it must not be to personal.

The one I have done is quite simple and would be printed on a white sticker 30cm x 10cm.

We could have:

"Motorhomes gone wild!"
"walking on the wild side"
"Living free"
"camping for free"
"enjoying nature"
"I like it wild"
"we like it wild"
"Loving and living with nature"
"honk if your wild too"
"what motorhomes were made for"
"where ever I park my van, thats my home"
"Are you a wild camper

or anything else that people like!

wc1.jpg

Nice one Phil I like what motorhomes were made for.:D

knoxy said:
Nice one Phil I like what motorhomes were made for.:D
Yep knoxy but we don't all have motorhomes there are some that have selfbuilds me for one, :) "Living free"

Last edited:
I realy dont know why people would want to put stickers on their vans

Crackpot said:

It could be the result of a deprived childhood as there are some people that need to feel "wanted" or "included" and thiese tickets fill this niche in there lives!

Crackpot said:
I suppose if you see another van with the wild camping sticker then you would know it was a fellow member of this forum so you could have a bit of a chat otherwise it would be a case of two ships passing in the night.:rolleyes:

the sticker as is looks good to me, what motor homes are made for would be good and i think even self builds are still motor homes. but keeping it simple may make it easier to please most people (that is the ones whom would like a sticker) we could all put our user names on if space was left for that too.:D

Bear Hug sticker

I could give you all Bear Hugs when I see a sticker on a van:D :D :D

i would like one please as it'd be an ice breaker to see one on another m/h,easy to start up a conversation...mind you i think the username would be a good idea as not all members are friendly!!! :D :D :D :D & you may not want to speak to them.........joking of course...:rolleyes:
i am dead friendly as i hope people that i have met can agree...guys????:D :D :D

sammclouis said:
i would like one please as it'd be an ice breaker to see one on another m/h,easy to start up a conversation...mind you i think the username would be a good idea as not all members are friendly!!! :D :D :D :D & you may not want to speak to them.........joking of course...:rolleyes:
i am dead friendly as i hope people that i have met can agree...guys????:D :D :D
I agree:D :D

Trevor said:
I suppose if you see another van with the wild camping sticker then you would know it was a fellow member of this forum so you could have a bit of a chat otherwise it would be a case of two ships passing in the night.:rolleyes:

When I want to meet friends I know where to go and who to talk to.
The joy of Forums is that you dont actually have to meet people if you dont want to nor be forced to listen to them face to face.
The joy of wildcamping is that I can stay away from those people in campsites that I despise

There are some here that I really wouldnt be interested in meeting:eek:

I find the incessant habit of people waving at me to be annoying in the extreme, then one reads on forums/newsgroups about people moaning because others wont wave back. I prefer to keep my hands on the wheel thanks.

Last edited:
Crackpot said:
When I want to meet friends I know where to go and who to talk to.
The joy of Forums is that you dont actually have to meet people if you dont want to nor be forced to listen to them face to face.
The joy of wildcamping is that I can stay away from those people in campsites that I despise

There are some here that I really wouldnt be interested in meeting:eek:

I find the incessant habit of people waving at me to be annoying in the extreme, then one reads on forums/newsgroups about people moaning because others wont wave back. I prefer to keep my hands on the wheel thanks.
That is your choice Crackpot but i think you are one of the few that like solitiude the hermit type that dose not want to mix with other people with the same interests in life.
No one can forced to listen to them face to face.
No one can force you to stay with those people in campsites that you despise, and i respect that as i like the wildcamping best but it dont mean that i have to do it alone.
I like to think that majority of people that have vans are good honest and above all friendly folk after all it cost nothing to smile or wave or talk or even lend a helping hand to a fellow van,er these are some of the things that wont cost you one penny. Regards Trevor.:)

Trevor said:
That is your choice Crackpot but i think you are one of the few that like solitiude the hermit type that dose not want to mix with other people with the same interests in life.
That is totally untrue, but I like to choose who my friends are or choose those that I wish to meet or spend time with. Several years ago we had found an idyllic spot in Scotland and were enjoying the peace when another camper of the same type shows up, and squeezes into a spot so close to us we were nearly touching. Out come the kids, dogs, stench and everything else I hate and we were subjected to interminable boredom for 2 hours before I could stand it no more and we moved on. I dread to think what would happen if we had had a club sticker.

Trevor said:
No one can forced to listen to them face to face.
Politness demands a certain amount of tact

Trevor said:
No one can force you to stay with those people in campsites that you despise, and i respect that as i like the wildcamping best but it dont mean that i have to do it alone.
Thats one of the reasons I like wild camping, so I dont get woken up by muppets washing their van at 6.AM or someone who decides to pack everything up at 6.00 waking the whole camp up
Trevor said:
I like to think that majority of people that have vans are good honest and above all friendly folk
Then Im sorry but IMHO you think wrong After 28 years of driving a van Ive found van drivers are no different than people you meet everywhere, some good some bad
Trevor said:
after all it cost nothing to smile or wave or talk or even lend a helping hand to a fellow van,er these are some of the things that wont cost you one penny. Regards Trevor.:)

Sorry but Ive got better things to do than waving at everyone who waves just because I drive a van. I also drive a Morgan yet dont get waved at by every Morgan owner.

Crackpot said:
That is totally untrue, but I like to choose who my friends are or choose those that I wish to meet or spend time with. Several years ago we had found an idyllic spot in Scotland and were enjoying the peace when another camper of the same type shows up, and squeezes into a spot so close to us we were nearly touching. Out come the kids, dogs, stench and everything else I hate and we were subjected to interminable boredom for 2 hours before I could stand it no more and we moved on. I dread to think what would happen if we had had a club sticker.

Well i am sorry you have had a bad experience it could not have been very nice for you but why wait 2 hours before you moved not that you should have had to, and you should not tar everyone with the same brush and why do you think that a club sticker would have made matters worse for you, if i met someone with a club sticker it would not mean i wanted anything from them or to move into there van with kids or dogs the wife and mother in law or even disturb them, though you probably could meet some folk like that i agree. Just a simple short chat or even a hello would be suffice, but then if you seen me you would probably stereo type me and run a mile.:)
Regards Trevor.

Crackpot said:

Politness demands a certain amount of tact

Thats one of the reasons I like wild camping, so I dont get woken up by muppets washing their van at 6.AM or someone who decides to pack everything up at 6.00 waking the whole camp up

Then Im sorry but IMHO you think wrong After 28 years of driving a van Ive found van drivers are no different than people you meet everywhere, some good some bad

Sorry but Ive got better things to do than waving at everyone who waves just because I drive a van. I also drive a Morgan yet dont get waved at by every Morgan owner.
If you had a club sticker you could make sure you had your name on it then
everyone could steer well clear of you.You never know but one day you may need help from one of those people you despise
Rob

What if you dont drive a motorhome but a van? do I still qualify for sticker or do I make my own ,wild camping for old plumbers vans:D
there seems to have been alot of squabbling on here latley
seems to me mostley coming from the the big white motorhomers and not us self build van men, there I can be elitist too BUT Im not:)

monkeynut said:
What if you dont drive a motorhome but a van? do I still qualify for sticker or do I make my own ,wild camping for old plumbers vans:D
there seems to have been alot of squabbling on here latley
seems to me mostley coming from the the big white motorhomers and not us self build van men, there I can be elitist too BUT Im not:)
hey we are all the same here monkeynut....no snobs....:D
my dad has a self build & i would have gone for one too if id have had the time to do one....your welcome to a sticker for sure.....samm x

rebbyvid said:
If you had a club sticker you could make sure you had your name on it then
everyone could steer well clear of you.You never know but one day you may need help from one of those people you despise
Rob

Fortunately, that will NEVER happen.
Same as I will never get gassed (chortle giggle laugh)

***** said:
Understandable with ur outlook:eek: :eek:
Oh U talk about me as a trucker & not spelling correctly.
U HAVE PUT REALY,
DO U MEAN REALLY ???HA HA HA:eek:

I never ever said you were a Trucker

I said you were a Lorry driver

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back