Stealth van vent question.

RBOT

I plan to do a very simple conversion on a MWB High roof Movano. I'm basically just insulating it and fitting a bed, portapotti and camping stove for now. I will build a surround to contain the gas bottle and vent that out the bottom The stealth aspect is the most important thing for me so i'm not too keen on having a conventional roof light. I have seen these rechargeable solar vents available and I am wondering if two of these (inlet and exhaust) will be sufficient to stop me killing myself from carbon monoxide poisoning lol? Alternatively, is there any other way? Someone mentioned venting through the floor, is that feasible? Thanks in advance for your insight. Rob. *NEW* Solar Powered Roof Vent with Rechargeable Battery - - Other - Superetrader - Sim Free Unlocked Mobile Phones & Accessories Store

Carbon Monoxide is virtually the same density as air, so it may not rise near the roof of the van.

An extractor fan fitted in the roof would not be noticeable on a high top. If you are using a portable stove, then that should be enough.

Fantastic. Ultimate London stealth living awaits me. All the best, thanks for the advice.

Dont forget the bottom vent.

Plus the stove if its going to be used inside the van needs to have a "flameout" fail safe to stop gas flowing if it gets snuffed out for some reason. Camping stoves dont have that feature as a general rule (hence cheaper).

Try a couple of these painted the same colour of the van Ventilation, Ventiduct Systems - Ventair Static Ventilator - 7 Inch from EC Smith UK Marine Supplier I use two of them with 2 PC fans 1 extract + 1 draw

I've just bought a pair of these SWiF2-120 120mm 800 RPM 3-pin Quiet Cooling Fan only 35.5 cfm of air moved but at 8.5db SILENT and 0.05A thats 0.1A per hour with both running at full speed.

I run mine through a 5A speed controller Ebay bout £15 from china incl p&p if i remember rightly.

or you could try these Kaze Jyuni 1900RPM Slip Stream 120mm Fan a lot noiser but still only 37db and 3 x the volume of air moved. I've got /used both, I only use the fans for fresh air, I do not cook in the van with door shut, if i did i'd have all the fans on extract only.

Paul

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back