Staying in France for 9 months.

izwozral

Collected an item I bought on Ebay this afternoon, the location was a caravan park in Cheshire. Had a chat with the bloke about travelling, he told me that he spends 9 months in France because he has a property over there. This got me thinking [yup, still got a brain cell left]. What if you buy a derelict property in a non-tourist area and claim that as your tourist residence.
Maybe something like this priced at 16,999 Euro's? There maybe much cheaper properties available?

1695923117644.png

Ruin for total renovation with land, in a small hamlet not far from L'Absie.

Old cottage needing full renovation, possibility to extend by 40m². Views over . . .

If you are into France in a big way then this could be a way to stay for 9 months at a time and you can sell the property on at a later date.

Just a thought.

Collected an item I bought on Ebay this afternoon, the location was a caravan park in Cheshire. Had a chat with the bloke about travelling, he told me that he spends 9 months in France because he has a property over there. This got me thinking [yup, still got a brain cell left]. What if you buy a derelict property in a non-tourist area and claim that as your tourist residence.
Maybe something like this priced at 16,999 Euro's? There maybe much cheaper properties available?

View attachment 123681
Ruin for total renovation with land, in a small hamlet not far from L'Absie.

Old cottage needing full renovation, possibility to extend by 40m². Views over . . .

If you are into France in a big way then this could be a way to stay for 9 months at a time and you can sell the property on at a later date.

Just a thought.
Surely he has residency?
My friend's brother has been a builder in France for about 20 years, doing up wrecks one-by-one and he had to get residency.
My friend has owned her house near Limoges for 16 years, and has to stick to the 90 day rule, but maybe she doesn't know all the rules & regs.

A friend of mine has had a property in France for over 10 years and is still only allowed his 90 days

A friend of mine has had a property in France for over 10 years and is still only allowed his 90 days
I think a lot of people who had places in Spain have ended up selling up as they are not able to get the use to make them worthwhile with the 90 day limits.

I think a lot of people who had places in Spain have ended up selling up as they are not able to get the use to make them worthwhile with the 90 day limits.

My Sister has a place in Tenerife and she mentioned something about half citizenship (not Dual) a while back but I don't know what this entails.

I'm in touch with a group on FB and anyone can do this. You have to get a six month visa for France. Costs a few hundred pounds and a lot of hoops to jump through such as Interviews in major cities at the French Embassy. If you get granted the visa you can then spend six months in France where when it ends if you leave France for one day you can then come back and use your 90 day Schengen days. So nine months.

I‘m negotiating on a property in Portugal being sold for exactly that reason, looking like getting a bargain.
Watch out. You may have to open an account with a utility company and get a certificate of residence from the Mayor.
Check this with your Estate agent. They only answer the questions that you ask.. as do the lawyers..
Many a dream has been broken by not checking the nitty gritty.
Good luck to you

Watch out. You may have to open an account with a utility company and get a certificate of residence from the Mayor.
Check this with your Estate agent. They only answer the questions that you ask.. as do the lawyers..
Many a dream has been broken by not checking the nitty gritty.
Good luck to you
I’m pretty sure the Solicitor has this covered, but I’ll check in the morning.

Utilities accounts were mentioned as well as proof of right to buy and reside.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back