Standard Transit Conversion

backinblack

The idea of this conversion was more a mobile tent than a full on campervan, I like my camping to be basic.
I now spend 3 to 4 nights a week staying in the van due to working quite a way from home. So far I have everything I need :)

Attachments

• 5178_1.jpg
    5178_1.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 396
  • DSCF1018.JPG
    DSCF1018.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 341
  • DSCF1275.JPG
    DSCF1275.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 329
  • DSCF2295.JPG
    DSCF2295.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 318
  • DSCF2298.JPG
    DSCF2298.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 349
The idea of this conversion was more a mobile tent than a full on campervan, I like my camping to be basic.
I now spend 3 to 4 nights a week staying in the van due to working quite a way from home. So far I have everything I need :)

couldn't agree more m8 keep it basic and simple ...close to mother nature;)

ps. wheres ya shower?ya sat tv? :Djust messin

Nowt wrong with that backinblack , our transit's pretty basic by most M/H standards .

Jusd 1 thought ,You might suffer from condensation on the roof without it lined.

Alan.

Nowt wrong with that backinblack , our transit's pretty basic by most M/H standards .

Jusd 1 thought ,You might suffer from condensation on the roof without it lined.

Alan.

Yeah do have that problem trying to find a roof liner from a Torneo. didnt want to lose too much height as it's a low roof so have to stoop......luckily i'm a shortarse so not too bad!

Repaint

Have now repainted the van Matt Black with a Gloss White roof to deflect most of the heat - surprised how well this works :)

Now I should be recognisable to forum members as it does stand out :D so please wave :)

DSCF2325-2Forum.jpg

DSCF2322-forum2.jpg

DSCF2318-2.jpg

Next job is to carpet tile the roof for the colder weather insulation.....

Last edited:
Blimey! That is more stealthy than ours!
Not sure if I love the matt black or not... Be interesting to see how it stands up to dirt and marks
(Says us who wash ours once a year maybe....)

Blimey! That is more stealthy than ours!
Not sure if I love the matt black or not... Be interesting to see how it stands up to dirt and marks
(Says us who wash ours once a year maybe....)

Hopefully not too stealthy that someone drives into it!! :D

Once the final coat is done then will be waxing which will protect paintwork - not that it gets cleaned that often!

,Twould look really classy with a gloss black stripe along the central moulding. The one level with the indicator lights. Just a suggestion.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back