St David’s

Fisherman

Spent two days in the UKs smallest city with a population of 1600, st David’s in Pembrokeshire. Lovely location, really enjoyed our time there. The Cathedral although much smaller than York minster, or Salisbury was set in a lovely location.
IMG_7710.jpeg
IMG_7713.jpeg
IMG_7714.jpeg
IMG_7716.jpeg
IMG_7721.jpeg

Went there last summer. Lovely CL with views out to sea just a mile or so west of there. One of the nicer places we found in Wales.

Spent two days in the UKs smallest city with a population of 1600, st David’s in Pembrokeshire.

St Davids is, indeed, the smallest city by population but it is NOT the smallest city by Local Authority Area.

In terms of LAA the smallest British city is ......

The City of London with an LAA of just 1.12 square miles.:)

St Davids is, indeed, the smallest city by population but it is NOT the smallest city by Local Authority Area.

Not quite as scenic though?

Hence why I mentioned the population. I have been to the city of London, but it simply feels part of Greater London. St David’s is on its own in a rural part of Wales, you get the feeling of a small city there, you don’t in the city of London.

Reactions: GMJ
Rather than take the camper we caught the summer bus, 403 Celtic Cruiser, and were dropped off in St David's, and then again for a simple pleasant walk back along the clifftops to Lleithyr Meadow. This season's bus re-started on 23rd March.

We're off to St Davids in a couple of weeks. Heard lots of good things, so really looking forward to it.
The cathedral is well worth a visit, and access is free, but they expect a £5 pp donation. Whitsands beach below is also worth a visit, but no dogs are allowed and you have to pay to park your van. We were at the CM&C site and were only a 15 minute walk away.
It feels like a village, small but extremely nice place.

IMG_7725.jpeg
IMG_7727.jpeg
IMG_7726.jpeg

This is where we stayed. Cracking views and plenty of space. £12 I think. Two fields, the top one has all the views

re St Davids

There is an independent site called Caerfai Bay...

..that has clifftop pitches with uninterrupted views across the Severn Estuary. It's only a mile walk into the centre. I've not stayed there but it's on the list.
There is also Caerfai Farm next door. Tents and motorhomes under 7.5m only, no caravans.

I shall be invading! 😁 only for a week though.
The cathedral is well worth a visit, and it’s free to enter, but they do ask for a £5 donation. But I suppose if you agree not to rape and pillage they won’t ask you for a donation. :)
Seriously it’s a lovely part of Wales. If you like beeches whitsands is worth a visit, but you have to pay to park, and no dogs are allowed. Enjoy.

Back