Sprinter 316 CDI...

rockandrollnomad

Hi there fellow campers. I am very new to this scene so therefore require a little knowledge reference reistering my motorhome with D.V.L.A. The story is, I bought a Mercedes Sprinter 316 CDI that had already been converted to a motorsport enthusiasts motorhome. My problem is that it is still registered as a normal frieght carrying vehicle. Is it better to keep it this way or notify Swansea of the change ? How do I go about this ? Should I send photos of the conversion ? Is it true I must prove it has running water and a sink ? I want this to be a painless transition so any help you old soldiers could afford me would be very much appreciated...rockandrollnomad

Last edited:
Just write 'motor caravan' in the appropriate place for changes & post the reg doc. off.

In 24 yrs I have never had any enquiry afterwards; no doubt because it does not alter taxation!

On my last build I wrote the above the day I bought the bare van. It saved a stamp, & it was a potential motorcaravan!

Cheers...

Thank you for your help Loathecliff. I have just checked my registration document and I presume under section 7 (Changes to current vehicle) I would write 'motorhome' in 'Wheelplan/Body type' . Cheers, rockandrollnomad...

rockandrollnomad said:
I have just checked my registration document and I presume under section 7 (Changes to current vehicle) I would write 'motorhome' in 'Wheelplan/Body type' ..

I have never done it with the new type doc., but just looked at mine & that looks like the place to go:)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back