Speed Guns In Builder's Vans?

This has been banded about on a Volkswagen forum I am a member of for a couple of days now. TBH I haven't got a problem with the police using stealth tactics to catch law breakers. The simple answer is not to break the law in the first place and you'll be fine.

This has been banded about on a Volkswagen forum I am a member of for a couple of days now. TBH I haven't got a problem with the police using stealth tactics to catch law breakers. The simple answer is not to break the law in the first place and you'll be fine.

Yep i agree up to a certain point clarkson but to fined for being a few mile per hour over the limit especially when the roads are quiet and conditions are safe, and if you have been driving for a lot of years you know form experience when that is.
And i do know that you have a bit of leeway, two or three MPH hour at the discretion person behind the camera.
I know a taxi driver that was fined for doing 44 miles per hour in a 40 MPH at 4 in the morning with no one about, i i dont think that's fair.:eek:

ok if you are caught speeding then it is your own fault but lets be fair this is beyond a joke!!! what about entrapment and i bet the lowlifes inside are not even police just some jumped up community enforcement officer that failed to even be a special constable. ps i have no truck with a special constable they d:eek::Do a good job

oh bie the way you say law breakers!! what about the blind and infirm and old people that get mugged. robbed . and there houses broken into by drugged crazed low lifes what happens to them nothing. when and if the lowlifes are caught we say oh dear they are victims of todays society and spend our taxes to rehabilitate them and the poor victims forget them. look after the low lifes. all i say to the do gooders is wake up and smell the coffee

Last edited by a moderator:
ok if you are caught speeding then it is your own fault but lets be fair this is beyond a joke!!! what about entrapment and i bet the lowlifes inside are not even police just some jumped up community enforcement officer that failed to even be a special constable. ps i have no truck with a special constable they d:eek::Do a good job

It is not entrapment at all. They post these funny little signs with numbers in up and down the roads that tell you what speed you aren't allowed drive over. I'd rather it was just a civil servant operating the camera, the police have much better things to do.

oh bie the way you say law breakers!! what about the blind and infirm and old people that get mugged. robbed . and there houses broken into by drugged crazed low lifes what happens to them nothing. when and if the lowlifes are caught we say oh dear they are victims of todays society and spend our taxes to rehabilitate them and the poor victims forget them. look after the low lifes. all i say to the do gooders is wake up and smell the coffee

This has nothing to do with speeding. Speeding kills people, fact. If drivers didn't do it the government could put more resources into fighting actual crime.

It is not entrapment at all. They post these funny little signs with numbers in up and down the roads that tell you what speed you aren't allowed drive over. I'd rather it was just a civil servant operating the camera, the police have much better things to do.

This has nothing to do with speeding. Speeding kills people, fact. If drivers didn't do it the government could put more resources into fighting actual crime.

you have your opinion i have mine but i think if the powers to be put as much time and effort into catching those who pray on the most shall i say vulnerable members of our community instead of motorists that may stray over our speed limits slightly but then catching muggers of little old defenseless ladies and men costs money it dont make money an old guy was beaten senses not so long ago near us he died but i dont see mugger cams wating for the lowlife that did it in hedge bottoms

Speeding kills people, fact. If drivers didn't do it the government could put more resources into fighting actual crime.

I disagree, speeding doesnt kill bad driving kills, as someone that drives over 50,000 miles every year and has done for over 20yrs, I can assure you that the problem on our roads today is not the speeds that people drive. It is the fact that there are drivers that simply shouldnt be on the road. Maybe if we had a few traffic cops (remember them on the road then some of these halfwits would be prosecuted for driving with mobiles, eating their dinner, and god knows what else while driving.
Unfortunately it is easier to fill our motorways with highway patrols that are highly trained in the placement of traffic cones, but very little else, and then set up these traps to catch the poor buggers doing a few miles over the limit.

Speed guns in France

Watch for the new generation speed guns in France. They are so small they can be hidden everywhere: in a dustbin, in traffic lights... Another ingenious system is: they calculate automaticly the average speed on a stretch of 5 to 10 kilometers, and a 3rd gun shoots the picture when you overdid the average. :eek:
These days you have to watch the speedometer more than the traffic :mad:
Safety ? no, cash :mad:

Watch for the new generation speed guns in France. They are so small they can be hidden everywhere: in a dustbin, in traffic lights... Another ingenious system is: they calculate automaticly the average speed on a stretch of 5 to 10 kilometers, and a 3rd gun shoots the picture when you overdid the average. :eek:
These days you have to watch the speedometer more than the traffic :mad:
Safety ? no, cash :mad:

Yes Leo watching for speed cameras will take our minds off the road, so they are not safety cameras.
Just something to distract us and make us pay for it.

Yes Belgian, we too are getting a lot more "average speed check cameras".
Please dont mistake me these things have their place, out side schools and place where they might actually do some good, unfortunately the goverment as in every other aspect of life have seen the ££££s to be made from persecuting drivers that are doing just a few miles over the limit irrespective of any circumstances. Saves on policemen on the roads, cctv in town centre now cuts down on the need for policemen on the beat, and now they are introducing cctv cameras that can nick you for parking.

Only consolation that I can see to this is that sooner or later all the morons that take these jobs up in the first place wont be needed and all get made redundant.....
As for the rest of us we have to crack on best we can and try to avoid getting caught out.

The thing i dont like is the sneak tactics it only go's to show that they are out to collect money not irresponsible drivers.:eek:

Heh just checking, but non of you actually believe that first link is anything to do with reality? do you?

with the price of fuel going the way it is can anyone actually still afford to drive fast??

Well i can not say if the link is spoof or not, you can make your own minds up.
Click here for the discussion on the subject.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back