Spanish Wild camping.

voxol51

Hi all,
I have just received an email from Bertie who is enjoying the Spanish sunshine at the moment.

Bertie was wild camping in Roquetas del Mar this evening when the Police arrived and moved everybody on!
So if you are heading in that direction don't expect an open armed welcome.

Voxy.

thing is

The thing is that too many motorhomes gang up, I am at the moment driving in spain, returning after a week in spain wild camping. I have seen up to 20 or so motorhomes parked up taking over car parks etc. No wonder they are getting moved on.
We visit a place and then move outside the centre and park up, N/P.
Anyway the weathers great, but just looking on the web at the UK weather and wish we could have longer away, but things need to be done.
enjoy, terry

Hi
I spent 3 weeks wild camping in spain last september. I was lucky enough not to be have moved on at all. I travel on my own as I am a single man, so I found the perfect motor for wild camping for myself has been a romahome on a diahatsu. Not fast or fancy but has all you need very comforable, as it is a small item I parked it anywhere and no one bothered me at all (except for the folks who where interested in seeing in the back)I did go on to pay pitches some times but if I did not find anywhere I liked to stay but as I say this was a rare event.
Good luck Mike

mike.sherry said:
Hi
I spent 3 weeks wild camping in spain last september. I was lucky enough not to be have moved on at all. I travel on my own as I am a single man, so I found the perfect motor for wild camping for myself has been a romahome on a diahatsu. Not fast or fancy but has all you need very comforable, as it is a small item I parked it anywhere and no one bothered me at all (except for the folks who where interested in seeing in the back)I did go on to pay pitches some times but if I did not find anywhere I liked to stay but as I say this was a rare event.
Good luck Mike
I miss my bedford rascal for the same reason could tuck it in anyware, you get used to a small an dont you?

smallones

hi monkeynut, i had a diatsu hijeta for a year and loved it. somehow the van encouraged people to be friendly and smiley and that cann,t be said 'bout many things.
only prob. with the van was rolling over in the night and landing on the floor but that usually made me laugh.

wildcamping

Hi to all,my wife and I camped at various locations (along with others) after leaving Bennicasim on the N134 heading south. We stopped at, bol nouevo,Peuorto de mazzoron,carboneras,aguilas,mojacar.las negras all wild camping with no problems. We then went onto Cabo de gato campsite where a month with hook up in March was only 245 euros!!! pub,resturant,shop and swimming pool on site,toilets uk style and kept very clean.As we liked it so much we are going back in september for a couple of months.
cheers,
tom and jennifer

***** said:
Agree Terry.
Try Northern Spain & by that I do not mean the Barcelona area or the Med.
Try the Basque area or Galicia. Very nice & quieter.:cool: :cool:
Fantastic up there, and try drifting down intp the picos de europa and the Cantbrica, Riano has the best campsite I have ever stayed on , yeah I know a camp site but at 8 euros for two of us with the van with a sunset to melt the most hardend hearts (good bar n restaurant great tapas )
Best of all no Brits Nada ;)
Luego
http://www.campingriano.com/galeria.htm
put up there prices over the past couple of years

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back