Spain and portugal

Mudders

Hi
We've just come back from touring Northern Spâin and Northern Portugal.
I just wanted to say we had absolutely no trouble at all, except for our old Hymer struggling on some of the hills. We roughed camped in Spain and, thanks again to Dezi, found a very convenient and cheap campsite just outside Porto. I can recommend a visit to Cuidad Rodrigo (spain)if you like history. We parked in a carpark just opposite the old town and next to a supermarket, you can't get more better than that

glad you enjoyed the trip
trouble were you expecting any?
dont be put off by scaremongers

Hi,

Glad you enjoyed the trip. We are also history buffs & had headed west via the pilgrim route. Starting at St Jean Pied-de-Port in the pyrenees & ending at Finisterre. On the way back east we followed Wellingtons campaign route across Spain. Although I cannot recall any contemporary records of him stopping off at the Prado in Madrid or eating an ice cream in a park while listening to a street jazz group, but he may have.

Dezi

We weren't expecting any trouble, but having read posts here, some people have had problems. We have nothing but friendliness and kindness from both spanish and portugese

We weren't expecting any trouble, but having read posts here, some people have had problems. We have nothing but friendliness and kindness from both spanish and portugese

Just how I found it on a similar trip earlier this year.

Can't wait to do it again in September.

There is always the worry of a break-in but no good dwelling on it. Sensible precautions and good insurance in place, put negative thoughts on the back burner and ENJOY THE FREEDOM.

BW

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back