Soon be Off

Jacques le foot

Wonderful news, hubby Bob's biopsy showed NO malignancy, so that means we have the all clear to get away for our June holiday. We will be heading down through France..aiming to get onto the Atlantic cost of Portugal, but nothing definite, we'll see how things pan out, we have a month to play with...we'll just see where the wheels stop. :D
If anyone has a fairly direct route that doesn't involve toll roads, I'd be very grateful, and also any 'wildy' places on the way.

Jackie ;)

Wonderful news, hubby Bob's biopsy showed NO malignancy, so that means we have the all clear to get away for our June holiday. We will be heading down through France..aiming to get onto the Atlantic cost of Portugal, but nothing definite, we'll see how things pan out, we have a month to play with...we'll just see where the wheels stop. :D
If anyone has a fairly direct route that doesn't involve toll roads, I'd be very grateful, and also any 'wildy' places on the way.

Jackie ;)

I cant help re wildy routes etc ...But I guess a big weight has been lifted in your household ..... So go forth ..where the wheels stop let that be the place of slumber........above all enjoy yourselves

Channa:)

Sorry no help available
But our best wishes to both of you.
Havva great time

regards...nige

Away we go

I,m glad you have had good news on hubby health issue. Now get across the channel, and go wild. Have a good hol.

Thank you all for your good wishes. Bob has asked me to pass on to any chaps that ever have the need for a 'prostate biopsy', that although there were better places he would rather be that morning, it wasn't as bad by a long way as he was expecting, a little uncomfortable, but not painful...so don't be afraid.

Jackie....& Bob ;)

Great news Jackie, give Bob our regards:), can,t help you with the wilding abroad but I,m sure your questions will be answered in the next couple of days.

Just go out and enjoy your adventure:)

Thank you all for your good wishes. Bob has asked me to pass on to any chaps that ever have the need for a 'prostate biopsy', that although there were better places he would rather be that morning, it wasn't as bad by a long way as he was expecting, a little uncomfortable, but not painful...so don't be afraid.

Jackie....& Bob ;)
glad bob was clear i had a biopsy and mine was is cancer. but get on and fight it best you can. your right its not a painful thing to have done more embarrasing at first

Hi,
Going from Calais means the whole width of France is going to go under your wheels before you reach the Spanish border so its impossible to select free aires en route because of so many routes. HOWEVER if you click on -
Mapa de lugares furgoperfectos - Camper van perfect sites (Spain - Europe) - furgovw.org - you will find that its been done for you.Mainly Iberia,but some France etc.We have been meandering through most of Europe for the past 25 years & my advice is - don't worry - just keep your eyes open around tea time for a convenient spot and within 10 miles one will turn up. As the producer said in the film Shakespeare in love " No I dont know how it happens, it just does." Have a good trip.

Dezi

Dezi, thanks for that link, it looks to be exactly what I was looking for.
Now please excuse my ignorance, but can I get this in book form, or is there any other way that I can take it with me on our travels. I will be taking the laptop, but won't have an internet connection unless I come across a wifi hot spot.
Thanks again,

Jackie ;)

Hi, Glad all is well, my husband had prostrate cancer 6 years ago, after an operation, not nice but saved his life as the cancer was very aggresive, He is fine now and had no problems since.

Can't help a lot with the route but if you avoid Normandy and travel though Brittany we have no road tolls and lots of Aires.

Have a lovely time and don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

Hi, In book form the best is Camperstop, £24.99 from
The ultimate motorhome guide, motorhome books, living in a motorhome, motorhoming around Europe, go motor homing questions, motor home holidays
not cheap, but you recoup the cost in two days by NOT paying campsite charges. Personally we use our trusty Garmin & down load free overnight parking spots from the internet. Many internet sites ( like this one )which me and like minded individuals contribute to.
Also open google earth - type in Camperplaces for europe France, click one of the blue Campingplatz balloons and then
click the blue words that say - camping places for europe.
You then see several thousand places which you can mark into an Atlas. To Change the Country, just enter another one after - camping places for europe.

Hope this helps. Dezi

Dezi, thanks for that link, it looks to be exactly what I was looking for.
Now please excuse my ignorance, but can I get this in book form, or is there any other way that I can take it with me on our travels. I will be taking the laptop, but won't have an internet connection unless I come across a wifi hot spot.
Thanks again,

Jackie ;)

Great news on the old prostate.
Try Vicarious books for France Aires and the new one for Spain and Portugal. 0131 208 3333

We'll be back in Portugal on 31st of May going up the West Coast. Keep an eye out for a Mercedes Karmann K229 BON we are wilding out there for all June. All MacDonalds have Wifi hotspots, glad to have found a use for the greatest dung producer on earth,

In France at least, Campanile hotels and Mc Donalds offer free wi fi.

Often there is access at the tourist informations too but that all seemed a bit hit and miss to me

Channa

Dezi,
I too have a Garmin Sat Nav,... nuvi 250. Can I download free overnight parking spots to mine...and if so (excuse my ignorance) how ????:confused:

Thanks,

Jackie ;)

Hi, To answer your question simply - yes you can download them, to answer it in detail would take a page or two.However go to these sites, download what you need, unzip them, and view the results in your garmin map on your computer. On my streetpilot 2601 I then select a maximum of 500 and transfer them.

GPStracks - GPS tracks en routes voor de fiets, wandelaar, auto en motorrijder en mountainbike
ARCHIESCAMPINGS
DOWNLOAD POIS :: GarminPOI.co.uk
Motorhome Friendly and Unfriendly Parking - PoI Download Page

Hope this helps
Dezi

Hi Jackie, All the best for your trip, you and your hubby take care,
.....Bob

Jackie ;)

Hi
Have a super holiday and both enjoy
bye for now
freddie:D
P.S. thank you for your welcome:D

for your route use google maps click get directions enter start anf finish destination : tick avoid tolls : zoom in to an area you fancy stopping at :then re enter in the search bar camping car parking click search again you will then get all the official and many wild stopovers highlited on the map like this http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back