Somewhere to Overnight

Hazy-thoughts

Hi all,
I am travelling back to Calais from Hamburg via Osnabruck and Utrecht. I am looking for somewhere to overnight safely not too far off the beaten track if at all possible. I would expect to be around Osnabruck late afternoon, early evening, so anywhere close to there would be good, Either wilding or a cheap site would be good.
I also want to know if there is anywhere safe to overnight nr Calais, or is that as I suspect a little dodgy :eek:

Hi all,

I also want to know if there is anywhere safe to overnight nr Calais, or is that as I suspect a little dodgy :eek:

my bold

yes - all the forums advise against it. try to stay at least 30 kms away from the place

Thanks Baloo,
I guessed without checking that Caliai wouldnt be too clever an idea, I will keep well clear ;)

Its the wrong direction for you but Berck is a good "over nighter" if you are going from Calais or Dunkerque. its almost straight out onto the A16.

Come to think of it, I have seen Motorhomes parked up in the lorry park at Dunkerque

Last edited by a moderator:
Come to think of it, I have seen Motorhomes parked up in the lorry park at Dunkerque

Nomad and I stopped at the truck park there last year intending to overnight. unfortunately it's become a bit overrun with "illegals" after witnessing them trying to break into two trucks near to us and making off with something they'd "found" we decided to move on. It felt too dodgy, even for a couple of old daft truckers like us!

Osnabruck---heinrichstr--- 52,27092 8,03888 official cl full with cars from the offices till 1700
cl in dunkerk malo les bains 51,05359 2,41536 near police station not for big campers.
cl in dunkerk digue des allies 51,04802 2,38159 next to sea
enjoy john

Try the aire at Gravelines, we use it often when traveling east from Calais. It is on the riverbank and very quiet. Nice little town and only twenty minutes drive from Calais

Brian

Got to say have stayed at calis at least a dozen times on the camping car area near docks & never had or seen any problems in fact we will be staying there sat 27th dec and fri 2nd jan come say hello always beer in the fridge

mark & di

autotrail dekota

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back