solar panels

Deleted member 775

has any one any idea if the small panels 1.5 w are any good for charging a battery i use for my inverter i get fed up having to rechage the battery out of the van during the week thanks

cheers it pays to find out amongst people in the know apreciate the reply

Solar panels

Mandrake, You need at least a 60w panel if you run a TV and other electrical goods. Anything less and you would struggle to put back the same amount of power used for the next day

We were going to get one fitted in Portugal when we were there last month the guy wanted 850 Euros to fit a 95w we mistakenly decided not to have it done .we will see what they are at the York show if they are more expensive we will have it dome when we go back to Portugal hopefully January.Really we want a bigger one we had to revert to useing the odd campsite in the 3 months we were away to charge up if we did`nt drive far .We would like to be more self sufficient .

Val

Useful article in August Caravan Club magazine..sorry, wash my mouth out and turn three times against the sun

sagart said:
Useful article in August Caravan Club magazine..sorry, wash my mouth out and turn three times against the sun
let you off this time any info is usefull even if it comes from c-----n c--b mags bie the way when is the york show on never been and i also only live one hour away

York show 21st,22nd,23rd September bid show we went last year with mhf can I say that lol.
Val

hi mandrake,
if you plan on camping i'de think about booking now. the address was in mmm a couple of editions back.
realy is worth the trip.
we went last year on the sat by car as we're only 1hr away but had to go back on sun to see the rest!!!!! IT,S BIG
maybe see you there if we knew who you were :confused: :confused: .
JOHN.

pappajohn said:
hi mandrake,
if you plan on camping i'de think about booking now. the address was in mmm a couple of editions back.
realy is worth the trip.
we went last year on the sat by car as we're only 1hr away but had to go back on sun to see the rest!!!!! IT,S BIG
maybe see you there if we knew who you were :confused: :confused: .
JOHN.
thanks we will more than likley visit there is problem with recognising fellow wild campers any where we realy need some form of id on our vans any ideas ???? then when we are out and obou we will all be able to reckognise each other mabe our names ie mandrake on the front of our vans or a wildcampers logo !!

Mandrake what a great idea.
A sticker or pennant would be fantastic surely we've got some graphic artists on the forum and perhaps admin could pick up and develop.
vbulletin3_logo_white.gif

Even something like this would help
:cool: :cool: :cool:

Erm. Dare I say this? -- Is this not a touch indiscreet if one is indulging in the activity?
Which is also why some of us over the years have 'reduced' our wagons to something that does not look like a motorhome. ( I don't think it's paranoia, but I could be wrong.........it has been known)

No offence intended ........... but possibly taken ............ by somebody somewhere...........a Mrs.Trellis from N.Wales perhaps?

Uhhhhhhhhh Sometimes I reply before I think
Point taken, it will have to be red carnations in buttonholes or ..........
any graphic designers - discretion please
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

hi gill.
have a look at the sticky poll at the top in the travellers rest.
you will see this is nothing new!!!! ;) ;)

gillr49 said:
Uhhhhhhhhh Sometimes I reply before I think
Point taken, it will have to be red carnations in buttonholes or ..........
any graphic designers - discretion please
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

or an agreed magazine displayed in the windscreen, like 'Serious Truckers Weekly' .................. which no doubt always has the top half of an airhead fully on display rather than the business end of a Foden, so the week would have to be selected for all-time to avoid confusion; ....then copies would be reqd. by newer members....
Hmm...this involves some top decision making!!!:confused: :(

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back