slimline batteries

Major companies

they are certainly cheap enough, would save space too as to how good they are i wouldn't know but they have been used so may not have a full life left in them

AS you say, they have been used and it says by major companies :D
My experience of major companies, is that they don,t look after things:eek::D:eek:;););)

AS you say, they have been used and it says by major companies :D
My experience of major companies, is that they don,t look after things:eek::D:eek:;););)
they are also at a very cheap price, maybe i am just suspicious but why are they only £35

These are UPS batteries. They have a "life" of, say, 5 years and then they are replaced as a matter of course. They are designed for use to save computer data if there is a power outage. To describe them as slimline leisure batteries is stretching the truth IMHO.
This sort of thing except that the ones ones on Main Frames are very much bigger.
Don't forget the old adage "You get what you pay for"

Last edited by a moderator:
A member on another forum says that he purchased several of these batteries in 05 and later found that they were 7 years old and half knackered.:eek:
He ditched them after one year and wished that he had purchased new from the start. He paid £25 each for 7
Another guy says that he purchased 6 for £20 each and has been happy with them.
As Phil says, you usually get what you pay for:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think i would buy any ok you might get one or two that are ok but its not worth taking the chance, if you had to return them would it be worth the bother. :)

Hi

Here is an excert from the Sterling Power Products, everthing about batteries, website which makes interesting reading,

"Watch the term leisure / deep cycle as it simply does not exist. The standard, so called, leisure batteries, are simply starter batteries with extra support for the active lead material."

regards

Hi

Here is an excert from the Sterling Power Products, everthing about batteries, website which makes interesting reading,

"Watch the term leisure / deep cycle as it simply does not exist. The standard, so called, leisure batteries, are simply starter batteries with extra support for the active lead material."

regards

Chas. Sterling can be good value, can't he? His advice on batteries is pretty scathing. I seem to remember that he comes down in favour of Varta on the grounds that they have a deeper sink in them than other makes. He repeats that most batteries are destroyed by the crud circulating up from the bottom of the cell.
C.S. is nobodies fool and is pretty switched on. He is also reputed to be able to swear as well as, if not better than, most :D

C.S. on Batteries

Thanks chaps, your views have confirmed mine to stay well clear.

Cheers,

Voxy.

Five years ago my leisure battery went bust in the very north of the Netherlands. So I went to the first dealer I met. Guy came out saw my plate and started in French. Answered in Dutch - amazing how few Hollanders know that 2/3 of Belgium is Dutchspeaking-:eek: Saw I was just a one time client. Didn't have leisurebatteries so he sold me the cheapest startbattery, of a make I never heard of.
'There is no difference he said'. And indeed the same battery is stil working !
I must admid I have solarcells that keep it more or less filled up. I don't remember the price but sure it was the cheapest.:D

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back