Sliding door stuck 😀 THANK YOU - NOW FIXED

CavityandLacey

Free Member
Our Fiat Ducato 2016 has a sliding door on the side which has stuck.

We were literally fully loaded and ready to head off from home. We tried to close the sliding door and the pics below show what has happened. The door appears to be in position at the top, but is way off at the bottom. We can’t budge it all, think it may be off its runner at the bottom. We suspect it may be a garage job but wondered if anyone has experienced this and can offer advice. The van can’t be locked obviously, and probably isn’t safe to drive. At least it happened at home I suppose. Anyone any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_0081.jpeg
    IMG_0081.jpeg
    312.4 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0076.jpeg
    IMG_0076.jpeg
    672.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0080.jpeg
    IMG_0080.jpeg
    320.5 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0077.jpeg
    IMG_0077.jpeg
    508.1 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0078.jpeg
    IMG_0078.jpeg
    251.1 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0079.jpeg
    IMG_0079.jpeg
    293.9 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0075.jpeg
    IMG_0075.jpeg
    687 KB · Views: 49
The top guide will most likely be fine ditto the middle one, so the issue is the bottom roller probably jumped out of its guide, open the door as far as possible and see if something has fallen down and derailed it as these SLDs are usually pretty solid, it may have a buckled bottom track that can be hammered back into shape.

Better pictures of the problem, rather than what it looks like closed will help more.

The top guide will most likely be fine ditto the middle one, so the issue is the bottom roller probably jumped out of its guide, open the door as far as possible and see if something has fallen down and derailed it as these SLDs are usually pretty solid, it may have a buckled bottom track that can be hammered back into shape.

Better pictures of the problem, rather than what it looks like closed will help more.
Thank you for your reply. The door is stuck in the position shown in the photographs. We cannot open or close it.

Steady door ie befor by jack and wood to protect paint work and roller bearings
Unbolt this bracket in photo and take off and it should push back in as this is the bottom runner. Or is there a foreign object on the step / void

Put strap on handel to hold as is if you drive van as is

the anti lock stop should work again. When my van door is not closed properly I have to bump the back of sliding door by the middle runner on outside. because of the anti lock holds it out of line

Screenshot_20240623_161700_Chrome.jpg

Thank you for your response but we are two auld women who do not have the equipment or skills to do this. I suspect it will be a recovery lift to the Fiat garage. I think I was hoping for a quick fix. Thank you again.

If you are in any of the breakdown services call them out a few bolts out relocate the slider to runner and rebolt probably an alien item blocked the runner /roller
Where are you based incase a member could help you out
While since we've seen each others hope dogs are good
Regards Gordon

Last edited:
there is a website MCEA where the mobile motorhome repairers advertise, see if you can get them out say you're worried about someone getting in I've used a few of them over the years and they are good, and not silly money.

If you are in any of the breakdown services call them out a few bolts out relocate the slider to runner and rebolt probably an alien item blocked the runner /roller
Where are you based incase a member could help you out
While since we've seen each others hope dogs are good
Regards Gordon
Hi Gordon, lovely to hear from you. We are both fine and have moved to the Moray Coast with the dogs. My neighbour did a bit of ‘googling’ and came round and sorted it. It seems to be running smoothly now.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back