silver screen suction pads

backstay

Hi folks,thanks to everyone who helped me with info re.reversing mirrors.Iam about to embark on a Winter project of making silvers for my vw trooper.does anyone know where i can purchase sturdy suction pads for the screens and how would i secure them.Theymust have ring pulls.I bought silver sun screens from Halfords ,will these be ok on one side and or both sides and what do I sandwich inbetween them?.,any advice would be most appreciated,backstay.

Just Kampers , as mentioned, can supply parts such as suckers and they also do a kit to make your own screens so you can make them for side windows or back windows. It comes complete with the suckers and the tool for make eyelet holes and the binding tape for around the edges to make a neat job.

I bought a card of sucker hooks from Poundland, the larger ones work well. I don't think your sunblind idea will work as they are not a snug fit round the edges of the screen and you will 'suffer' with condensation - in fact if you read up on previous threads you will see that the external ones are by far the best.

I would look at Towsure and others and source a cheap set that fit and work rather than buying wadding, material, eyelets, suckers etc and still being disappointed!!

Once made a rear set for my van from thick corrugated cardboard sprayed with glue and covered with aluminium foil a spent a bit of time and care putting a trim of silver tape round the edges. The rubber window seals kept them in place. Looked ok from the outside only cost a couple of quid. Lasted a Winter.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back