silent generator recommendations?

As regards the 'noise nuisance' a genny makes (Honda EU2.0 in my case) I wouldn't worry too much.

I frequently read the objections on this and other forums but, wherever there are people, you will get noise.

Typical annoying noises encountered are a) people arriving/departing sites very early or very late, waking eveyone up within earshot, noisy kids, barking dogs, 'loud' late night 'gatherings' held within awnings, road noise, train noise,etc., etc.

Unfortunately, noise comes with the territory. I don't know why people get so steamed up about a little genny noise yet rarely, if ever, complain about any of the above!

A quiet genny, such as the Honda, makes very little noise unless pumping out its full potential. Whereas for recharging batteries or driving small appliances it virtually silent.

Used responsibly, i.e., during the daytime, say from 10:00 A.M. thru 3:00 P.M. and only when necessary, I see no reason why they can't be accepted as part of our modern-day camping lifestyle.

we were on a car park in southport at the weekend for 2 nites:eek: at the side of a dad and lad in 2 vans and they had a genny running all the time nearly :eek:but we didn't know until he pointed it out, but on the other hand i have moved because of the noise from gennys and could not understand why people need them running all the time ?but then again i think that a lot about people with MOTORhomes

I have one of those Kipor gennys.... good stuff...

Kipor manufacture gennys for Honda in China, the first Kipor units were an exact copy of the Honda units and Honda took action - well it was a little cheeky lol, they have now modified the case/colour and the choke, other than that all is as per Honda including the noise level....

Thanks Roger for very clear reply.

Anyone over here in UK got any idea of costs - ball park figure? for one suitable for laptop
And best places to look for good ones.

Would I be right in thinking that things like laptops would drain the battery quite quickly.

Paula

You're better offer using a 12V supply if possible for your laptop - an inverter is handy for recharging other electrical items - camcorder, cameras, satphones, etc. I find that the 240V power supplies recharge batteries faster than hooking them up to the 12V supply. Someone has posted a link for the UK supplier Maplins.

Laptops are quite power hungry - best to look at yours, see what current it draws.

There has been plenty of prior posts about batteries - sizing, type, use, etc.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back