Shifting green mould

RSD7a

It's building up on the felt at the bottom the cab windows and on the van's sliding windows. I'm thinking stiff nail brush and warm soapy water but there may be a better way??

We (she) usually try and get as much of the bulk out as possible by pushing something flat underneath (wooden tooth pick) it and scoop it out from underneath instead of forcing it down with a brush if you see what I mean. Inevitably you need a brush of some sort (we use an old toothbrush) to get the debris out.

Julie uses a weak White Vinegar solution and then thoroughly washes it out with clean water. Not sure I'd recommend this as Vinegar isn't great for rubber seals but we've had no problems in the last 7 years doing this.

I've used this stuff for a while now ....

Goes on as a foam from a pressure sprayer or the foam attachment on pressure washer .

Leave for 5 mins then agitate gentlywith a brush

Then pressure wash off ...
Shifts green algea from the roof in short order .

We use bio soap powder (dry )on the drive which turns the moss brown within a day or so give that a try.

We (she) usually try and get as much of the bulk out as possible by pushing something flat underneath (wooden tooth pick) it and scoop it out from underneath instead of forcing it down with a brush if you see what I mean. Inevitably you need a brush of some sort (we use an old toothbrush) to get the debris out.

Julie uses a weak White Vinegar solution and then thoroughly washes it out with clean water. Not sure I'd recommend this as Vinegar isn't great for rubber seals but we've had no problems in the last 7 years doing this.
I bet she uses your toothbrush and gives it a wee rinse before replacing.

Works well and a fraction of the price elsewhere, 5L of concentrated formula.

It`s brought the brother-in-laws 19 year old static caravan that was seriously green back to near new condition outside :cool:

Last edited:
Works well and a fraction of the price elsewhere, 5L of concentrated formula.

It`s brought the brother-in-laws 19 year old static caravan that was seriously green back to near new condition outside :cool:

Thanks Graham I'll pick some up tomorrow.

I have now re-read that...I thought "shitting great mould"
May be appropriate for The BBC's Stephan (BBC test match) who prides himself on having had 4 curries on consecutive nights ?

Thanks Graham I'll pick some up tomorrow.

No problem Rob, at first i though it was a mistake / printing error because everywhere else the same concentrated stuff is £15 plus with some as much as £25.

Spear & Jackson is a quality brand so i went to our local B&M, it was a bugger to find after asking 2 staff members who hadn`t a bloody clue what i was talking about but in the end i did and the price was right so i bought a few " just in case " at that price.

Just make sure it`s the concentrated version ( which makes 25 litres ) as they also sell the ready to use as well.

Back