Service two / Habitation-Damp check.

Nosha

I know we've all raised the price question regarding service costs, but how about this...

Original suppling Chausson dealer sends out a reminder flyer that the yearly habitation/damp checked (required to keep the 5yr water ingress warranty in tact) will cost £168 + vat! I phone a closer dealer who now carries the Chausson range and am quoted two hours @£49.50/hr + vat!

So that's £168 + vat or £99 + vat... guess where I'm now going!?! This is still quite a high charge to put a manometer in the gas line and walk round the inside with a damp meter and stamp the book!!!

I know we've all raised the price question regarding service costs, but how about this...

Original suppling Chausson dealer sends out a reminder flyer that the yearly habitation/damp checked (required to keep the 5yr water ingress warranty in tact) will cost £168 + vat! I phone a closer dealer who now carries the Chausson range and am quoted two hours @£49.50/hr + vat!

So that's £168 + vat or £99 + vat... guess where I'm now going!?! This is still quite a high charge to put a manometer in the gas line and walk round the inside with a damp meter and stamp the book!!!

How long was the work guaranteed for from both dealears.

It's a one off check. The body has a 5 yr g/tee PROVIDING you have this yearly check i.e. If there's a problem they want to find it within a year!!

So you could say your 5yr water ingress g/tee really costs you £600!!!! But then you could say 'sod it' and not bother... but then if there is a leak you would not be able to make a claim, and as this is the first new vehicle of ANY sort I've owned I'm prepared to bite the built and pay!

Thieves are anywhere today :mad:
And the biggest ones are those who collect taxes, do insurance, are in the governments,.....
They should be arrested for forgery;
But here in Belgium it is harder to get IN a jail than to get OUT of it, and I geuss it's the same in Britain :confused:

my last one cost £125 plus vat
and a round trip drive of 120 miles
so about average i think

diy damp testers are on e bay for around £4.00
may be an idea for someone who is unemployed to start up on your own as a mobile damp tester and also get the resealing jobs to go with it ?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back