Service costs

tresrikay

Just picked up my van ( Renault Master) after its first service, 2 years or 24,000 , I was recomended a flush out of the systems, I think sump and prticulate filters for only £19.99 as it helped low milage vehicles achieve better fuel efficiency. I have never heard of this, so I thought I would ask our pool of experts in all things....... was I sold a pup and what did I buy. Total cost including the colonic irrigation £221.00.

Just picked up my van ( Renault Master) after its first service, 2 years or 24,000 , I was recomended a flush out of the systems, I think sump and prticulate filters for only £19.99 as it helped low milage vehicles achieve better fuel efficiency. I have never heard of this, so I thought I would ask our pool of experts in all things....... was I sold a pup and what did I buy. Total cost including the colonic irrigation £221.00.

Hi Rick I have rang them and any warranty work can be honerd as they don't need to purchase goods as they will be no charge!!!!. reading between the lines maybe they owe a bill or two:eek: or they lazydays are not getting vans at the deals they like????????.

Pick van up tomorrow cost is £58 for oil change £87 for security door handle to be fitted and habitation check free tried to charge me £120 but I said new van and had first check free last time and seemed to work.

To be fair you check things yourself anyway like water leaks you can smell gas, and there is that much safety on heaters.cookers alike what can go wrong:D:D

Just a guess but maybe before they put the new oil in they used a flushing oil to lift any stubborn gunk off the sump, good idea if you think about it and I'd have said yes too.

price is right

£200 to £300 seems quite normal but is still extortinate still for most of us it is only on average once a year
the price of the motorhoming pleasure we enjoy i fear
unless you d .i .y.

I suppose i am fortunate that i can do most things myself and save on the labour charges. :)

Just a guess but maybe before they put the new oil in they used a flushing oil to lift any stubborn gunk off the sump, good idea if you think about it and I'd have said yes too.

Apparently they flush through the oil and fuel system to remove deposits that have built up, so I think I did the right thing, This baby has to last me a long time, Another joke, on the bill was an adaiaory note " wiper blades begining to split, replacement cost £45.00". Think I might do that myself. About all you can with these motors as the first thing they do is hook it up to a computer. ( I wonder if they could get my avatar to move?).

Apparently they flush through the oil and fuel system to remove deposits that have built up, so I think I did the right thing, This baby has to last me a long time, Another joke, on the bill was an adaiaory note " wiper blades begining to split, replacement cost £45.00". Think I might do that myself. About all you can with these motors as the first thing they do is hook it up to a computer. ( I wonder if they could get my avatar to move?).

I always change my engine oil & filter every 5000. No need to flush it that way..
Wiper rubbers? £3.00 from my local motor factors, 10 minute job to fit.
Oh yeah, the 'service' warning light on my dashboard has been lit for the last 3 years..
It was lit up before I stripped & rebuilt the engine!

Best.

dogseal

HABITATION SERVICE ? costs ?

any one any idea of aproximate charges mine is due and ime a bit weary
i live next to a caravan dealer and i know what they do check the wheel bearings then (nowt)just a charge of £130 (ile say no more )
i assume motorhome dealers are the same
thing that anoys me it has took a year to get things sorted and packed in the most convenient place now i have to empty the whole thing out as they want it empty back to delivery condition before they can carry out the so called service
i supose ile have to do it just to keep up the warentee
but what a pain in the b....

Habitation Checklist

This is the official NCC Habitation Checklist (it's a 1Mb pdf). Just so that you can check you are getting what you've paid for :)

Don't know about costs, you'll need to phone around some dealers.

AndyC

had my habitation check

£ 125 they used manufactures own list in the handbook to work from i had some extra work done all seemed profesional ile go back
i went to highbridge motorhomes

I suppose i am fortunate that i can do most things myself and save on the labour charges. :)

Me too, do bits my self under the watchfull eye of a very close friend, at there garage, I also keep mine there as well, last week they cut the timber for the frame for the bunk, and helped me with the bits i wasnt strong enough to do, this is now done and im quite pleased with it although the cupboard doors run out a touch, at least I can say I did 95% of it myself. this week ive had a small water leak on the sink done and am looking to actually use it at the bank holiday:D

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back